Jordan Parsons - Tranquilize (NEW VERSION) :D

parsons19

VIP Junglist
Howdy again,

anyone that checked out my most recent thread will know my new tune. I took the comments into consideration and added a few effects (not many really). The big change through is.... The Hi hats!

Not sure what I think. Yay or Nay?

And sorry for cloggin up the new tunes section with two threads. I have got the day off tomorrow so when I get up I will return the favour and check all your new tracks out! :)

firstly one of your hats is in a really random place and it sounds off, secondly i would advise taking a while to add alot of atmos to the track, so far its sounding very bland. try playing with vocals, risers, even just a bit of white noise, anything really that will fill out unused frequencies.
i would say on a personal note it could do with some percussion aswell as a change of the hat pattern after the drop maybe? just needs more variety i think.
but so far the main vibe of the track is coming together, keep it up.
hope that helps man. (y)

Yes I agree, its very good but need more variety. Like the effect at 5.18, I think you need much more of those kind of thing. It will fill up the track and make it less monotonous. :)
Try to play with some white noise, sidechain etc..
Hit hats are good!

Good luck!

Cheers guys, I will work on more FX :)

Done some feedback for people but I have to shoot, so maybe will do some more later :D

Thanks for both of your comments! :D

---------- Post added at 11:48 ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 ----------

Oh and CPR, I think I know the hat you mean. I was going for a sort of rolling hat thing there. Now I listen again it didn't quite work did it! :lol:

I will resolve that :)

4.07, like that little lead harmony. Only happened once tho I think.
Long track, chill-out late night listening? sounds nice, the melody is good, basic drums work for a start. I reckon you could have a deeper section in the middle where you morph into a bassier bit with less of that main melody (or a different variation) or whatever.
That off beat stab could be a bit sharper for my ears.

Good start.

Nice work, great chilled track you have going here :)

I feel like the intro doesn't work that well for me. The kick sounds great once the track gets going, but when it's played in the "empty" intro it sounds strange... very dry sound or something.

I like the pads and melody work. Do you have the wobble on your melody line as an automatable parameter? I feel like you could create some really good vibes by changing the lfo rate going in and out of fast vs slow wobbles.

Bass could be stronger I think.

Good track overall though, enjoyable listen!

Same concerns as everyone else, the intro kick sounds too fl studio default pack-y to me. try eqing it a little differently to remove that higher end. or maybe just rethink that sample. I like the synth work in the intro, maybe take the reverb decay time down a tad, or maybe its the delay volume cant tell which. And yeah those high hats man... lol, think some transposing errors may have happened, or your samples are being played at different frequencies thus one comes in earlier or later than the other.

other than that, add more variation and some interchanging drum beats, i know its supposed to be all liquidy and entrancing but i like some variation. good luck bro montana

Sounds ok must agree with some previous comment hats seems to be out of place and it needs some variation,i also suggest try making that kick more "round",atmo is pretty cool,i would defiantly use this in some intro for some stoner movie!

Cheers for the new responses guys. :)

Actually some really nice suggestions! Because of the way I work though I want to keep starting some new stuff. Will probably give this tune a break and count it as finished for now. Will likely come back to it in the new year!

Thanks for all the help, going to start working on something else, going to get a little bit more experimental with percussion. Get it a little bassier and try and use a bigger range of sounds. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom