Jonny P - 1am (Dan J remix)

hello dan. I like this, the vocals are nice and so is the atmo of the intro. :2thumbs:
the drums needs work imo. I'm also not sure about arrangement, though I don't know the original.
much like the part when the piano and synth come in at around 3:00.
not sure, maybe you EQ the vox a bit too much? high freq?
interesting tune, keep up the good work!

hello dan. I like this, the vocals are nice and so is the atmo of the intro. :2thumbs:
the drums needs work imo. I'm also not sure about arrangement, though I don't know the original.
much like the part when the piano and synth come in at around 3:00.
not sure, maybe you EQ the vox a bit too much? high freq?
interesting tune, keep up the good work!

Thanks for the feedback buddy :2thumbs:

Could you say any more about what aspects of the drums need work? I kind of tore them apart and added a separate kick at the last minute but I thought they sounded good so be good to hear what you are.

The original is just the piano that a friend wrote and I quite like the arrangement tbh, but each to their own :)

Thanks again

hello. I think some effects on the drums would have them stand out better. I mean the simple roll in the beginning. the dnb loop from ~1:30 sounds much better, has more clarify and definition. the piano is beautiful, maybe a bit too much sometimes, could be simplier, but that is down to taste. just had another listen, sounds actually quite nice, good work! :2thumbs:

hello. I think some effects on the drums would have them stand out better. I mean the simple roll in the beginning. the dnb loop from ~1:30 sounds much better, has more clarify and definition. the piano is beautiful, maybe a bit too much sometimes, could be simplier, but that is down to taste. just had another listen, sounds actually quite nice, good work! :2thumbs:

Thanks again Masch. Glad it has grown on you. and thanks again for the helpful feedback. Listening back with some perspective the piano could have been a bit lower in the mix, especially the more hectic bits which could have been simpler as you say. I actually quite like the simple drum roll in the intro and outro as it suits the mood but I see what you are saying (y)

Back
Top Bottom