Jonny L LP - Spearhead records

Haven't really listened to much of Jonny L tbh

Until around 2005 or 2006 or so I'd probably have put him in the top four or five best DnB producers of all time, up there with Photek and Digital and the likes.

He's gone well downhill in my estimation since, but do yourself a favour and go through his back catalogue, he's made some INCREDIBLE music.

Absolutely loved the rave! Nice uplifting tune

it's not a bad tune but compared to some of the stuff he's done in the past it's lightweight, and the vocals (especially the lyrics) are pretty cringe imo

prefer this stuff...

Last edited by a moderator:
The last thing I liked from him was Turn Up The Bass, which I still love and is fresh to this day.

Yes, all those Mr L releases were absolutely quality. Doubt he'll come near to those tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Whoooooa - wasn't expecting amens tbh!

Interest level rising, kinda.

This initially filled me with hope.

Quite disappointed by the previews. Wasn't really anything that really stood out for me at all.

Think this LP may have a tough time standing up against the various offerings we have had so far this year and LP's to come.

yeah its a really fun LP actually. would of liked a couple of heavy hitters and a little less of jonny singing though.

probably a bit sickly if taken in its full dose

I like it actually. Music is about fun vibes and this hits the bill quite nicely. I have Noisia and Audio for the sickness and this for the more poppy vibes! Absolutely love about 10 tunes on it so a success for me.

Once was a soldier
Once was a warrior
Once was a player
In a digital world
Once was a raver
Once was a...

home_showcase_gummy_red_big.png

Back
Top Bottom