Johnny B December '12 45min D&B Mix

johnnyb

Johnny B
Back again with an energetic new mix for the start of December. This time Ive made a 45 minute drum & bass mix containing some brand new tunes from Hospital's 15 Year Anniversay comp, as well as plenty more upfront tracks from the last few months & a couple of older ones.

http://i.mixcloud.com/CvC0E

Tracklist:

1. Muffler - 4 Years
2. Muffler - Can You Feel
3. Culture Shock - Ohrwurm
4. Icicle & Commix - Ultra Clean
5. High Contrast - If We Ever (2011 VIP Mix)
6. Cyantific - Touch Me
7. Ed Solo - Always RIP (Eddie K & Minus Remix)
8. Dimension - Got To Be Free
9. KG & Genetic Bros - Summertime
10. DC Breaks - The More I Want
11. Rusko - Everyday (Netsky VIP Remix)
12. Netsky - Tommorrow's Another Day (2011 VIP Mix)
13. Camo & Krooked - Funk you
14. Daft punk - One More Time (Cyantic Bootleg Remix)
15. Brookes Brothers - Big Blue
16. TC - Tap Ho
17. DC Breaks - Horror
18. Chase & Status - No Problem
19. Origin Unknown - Lunar Bass (Commix Remix)
20. BCee - Captured In Time

Pleasant surprise johnnyb. I'm feeling the track selection and the mixing seems to be nice and tight. The only critique I have is there is a bit of a key clash when mixing from 4 years to Can You Feel. However, overall I'm feeling the mix start to finish. About to have a repeat listen now!

Cheers.

Cheers for the great feedback mate- I really appreciate your critique & glad you enjoyed the mix! :) When I was mixing I didn't really notice a key clash on the first two tracks to be honest, but I haven't listened back yet, so I'll check it out. Coincidently though, the two Muffler tracks actually share the exact same key.

Cheers for the great feedback mate- I really appreciate your critique & glad you enjoyed the mix! :) When I was mixing I didn't really notice a key clash on the first two tracks to be honest, but I haven't listened back yet, so I'll check it out. Coincidently though, the two Muffler tracks actually share the exact same key.

No worries mate, on a second and third listen through on proper speakers it definitely was in key :)

Cheers.

tight mixing, selection got a lil cheesy for me in the middle but thats just taste.
keep up the good work tho man real smooth throughout, only a couple of tiny slips that u sorted out quicktime anyway

Cheers Fractal mate- really appreciate the feedback. Yeh, I know what you mean about the cheesy tunes- I thought the same myself, but at the time I done the mix, I fancied trying out a few tunes I'd never played before from a Viper recs comp. A lot of this stuff is progressively going a tad cheesy recently- Hospital, Viper, etc. Gonna go back to some deeper/darker vibes in my next mix though I think ;)

ohrwurm > ultra clean was niiice!

really enjoyed this section:

tomorrow's another day
funk you
one more time
big blue

one more time > big blue especially, vibes man! gives me some ideas for a similar mix i wanna do. nice one mate :)

Cheers Gooders - hope you enjoyed the mix man :) Also cheers Jack mate- really appreciate the friendly feedback mate & good to hear its inspired you for a similar mix :) big up

Back
Top Bottom