Johnny B December '12 45min D&B Mix

johnnyb

Johnny B
Back again with an energetic new mix for the start of December. This time Ive made a 45 minute drum & bass mix containing some brand new tunes from Hospital's 15 Year Anniversay comp, as well as plenty more upfront tracks from the last few months & a couple of older ones.

http://i.mixcloud.com/CvC0E

Tracklist:

1. Muffler - 4 Years
2. Muffler - Can You Feel
3. Culture Shock - Ohrwurm
4. Icicle & Commix - Ultra Clean
5. High Contrast - If We Ever (2011 VIP Mix)
6. Cyantific - Touch Me
7. Ed Solo - Always RIP (Eddie K & Minus Remix)
8. Dimension - Got To Be Free
9. KG & Genetic Bros - Summertime
10. DC Breaks - The More I Want
11. Rusko - Everyday (Netsky VIP Remix)
12. Netsky - Tommorrow's Another Day (2011 VIP Mix)
13. Camo & Krooked - Funk you
14. Daft punk - One More Time (Cyantic Bootleg Remix)
15. Brookes Brothers - Big Blue
16. TC - Tap Ho
17. DC Breaks - Horror
18. Chase & Status - No Problem
19. Origin Unknown - Lunar Bass (Commix Remix)
20. BCee - Captured In Time

lostnthesound

Burns Easily in the Sun
VIP Junglist
Pleasant surprise johnnyb. I'm feeling the track selection and the mixing seems to be nice and tight. The only critique I have is there is a bit of a key clash when mixing from 4 years to Can You Feel. However, overall I'm feeling the mix start to finish. About to have a repeat listen now!

Cheers.

johnnyb

Johnny B
Cheers for the great feedback mate- I really appreciate your critique & glad you enjoyed the mix! :) When I was mixing I didn't really notice a key clash on the first two tracks to be honest, but I haven't listened back yet, so I'll check it out. Coincidently though, the two Muffler tracks actually share the exact same key.

lostnthesound

Burns Easily in the Sun
VIP Junglist
Cheers for the great feedback mate- I really appreciate your critique & glad you enjoyed the mix! :) When I was mixing I didn't really notice a key clash on the first two tracks to be honest, but I haven't listened back yet, so I'll check it out. Coincidently though, the two Muffler tracks actually share the exact same key.
No worries mate, on a second and third listen through on proper speakers it definitely was in key :)

Cheers.

fractal

VIP Junglist
tight mixing, selection got a lil cheesy for me in the middle but thats just taste.
keep up the good work tho man real smooth throughout, only a couple of tiny slips that u sorted out quicktime anyway

johnnyb

Johnny B
Cheers Fractal mate- really appreciate the feedback. Yeh, I know what you mean about the cheesy tunes- I thought the same myself, but at the time I done the mix, I fancied trying out a few tunes I'd never played before from a Viper recs comp. A lot of this stuff is progressively going a tad cheesy recently- Hospital, Viper, etc. Gonna go back to some deeper/darker vibes in my next mix though I think ;)

jsmith89

Hmph..... silly...
VIP Junglist
ohrwurm > ultra clean was niiice!

really enjoyed this section:

tomorrow's another day
funk you
one more time
big blue

one more time > big blue especially, vibes man! gives me some ideas for a similar mix i wanna do. nice one mate :)

Cheers Gooders - hope you enjoyed the mix man :) Also cheers Jack mate- really appreciate the friendly feedback mate & good to hear its inspired you for a similar mix :) big up