DnB John Miszt - Time Traveller (Neuro)

Intro makes me think it's gonna be a banger!........Nice build up sounds....very nice indeed. Oh yeah! that bass is superb mate, I still envy your basses!

I'm gonna hijack your thread now and ask you a technique question ;)

How do I go about linking up an LFO to different parameters in Ableton? Does it have a stand alone LFO FX thingy I can link to stuff?

that snare needs more neuro feeling. like more thumb or more like a cv snare. could imagine that as pretty savage.

tunes rolling tho!

just returned home btw, will be sending you feedback for the tunes and the midi hopefully very soon! :)

thanks guys! :D

Fletch, in Operator you can assign the LFO pretty much any parameter, select the LFO box, and then in the black display section choose the drop down menu that says Dest B, also you have probly noticed that by default the LFO goes to the pitch of each OSC, rather than the filter, you can use it for controlling pitch, but its real power comes when you switch on the FM routing so that you LFO the pitch of an OSC which then modulates another OSC

i've not found an LFO midi tool yet, that would be fuking kool, although you can for eg add a Velocity plugin before your synth, and then assign velocity to a diffrent parameter so you can mess around with it, tbh I only really use LFO's for filters/volume/pitch/fm, the rest can be done with midi automation (which you can copy btw, excatly the same as you would with a midi note, took me a while to spot that feature, you dont have to re-draw your automation all the time)

Yeah I'm aware you can copy the automation lines (which is a god send in itself lol)

To be fair, alot of my basses are written in either Predator, or Massive. So I was wondering If I could add an lfo to the higher frequencies of my bass after splitting to seperate channels? For instance having a 1/4 lfo on my mid range, with a 1/8 on my higher freq bass?

I know both synth's have their own LFO modulation, as does operator and the likes, but I really wanna get experimental, and wondered if there was a mixer FX plug in Ableton that could attach lfo's to stuff? And if so.....how?

Yeah I'm aware you can copy the automation lines (which is a god send in itself lol)

To be fair, alot of my basses are written in either Predator, or Massive. So I was wondering If I could add an lfo to the higher frequencies of my bass after splitting to seperate channels? For instance having a 1/4 lfo on my mid range, with a 1/8 on my higher freq bass?

I know both synth's have their own LFO modulation, as does operator and the likes, but I really wanna get experimental, and wondered if there was a mixer FX plug in Ableton that could attach lfo's to stuff? And if so.....how?

not as part of ableton unfortunetly, there are LFO VST's out there tho, that will transmit LFO shapped midi data, cant recomend any coz i've not used them since my cubase days, as long as your VST allows you to route midi data to the parameters you want to play with

the simplest solution i can think of, would be to put an Autofilter on each bandwidth after you have split it

---------- Post added at 15:46 ---------- Previous post was at 15:46 ----------

its nice but i would like a bigger arrangement with more variation. the sound is heavy and the bpm is dope too. and trippy.

i'm workin on more variation! :D

Excellent. At the start I was thinking this is what Prodigy could have evolved into haha, must have been the slower tempo or something. Miszty Breaks ;) 164 or gtfo!

Really nice synths, love it.

This is sick!! Needs a bit of tweaking on the snare and maybe some more complex hats going on but thats just me. Wicked track tho!

Another banger:D im proud of u miszt:D how is that remix doing btw?

thanks man! :D

i'm gettin on it this week! the last few weeks my life has been gettin in the way, lookin forward to doin sumthin with it tho, hopefully from tomorow!

every tune Ive herd from you has been wicked.. Frozen is one of the best tracks ive herd for ages!!

thanks dood! means allot! :D i will get a dub pack to ya soon as i've dotted sum I's n crossed sum T's

Back
Top Bottom