Drum & Bass John Miszt - No Time (dark tech roller)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by miszt, Nov 3, 2011.

1. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

trying to get sum skippy, natural drum patterns goin, quite happy so far....feedback appriciated!

2. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

Not feeling the "natural" part of the drums, but then again I'm a drummer and ting..

Sounds tight, the tempo shift predicts that shit's 'bout to turn interesting, but it doesn't sound as... vibes'y as most stuff you put on here.

3. Balthazaar

Balthazaar Member

Good sound,nothing to criticize:teeth: personaly i think it is good tune,very well produced..

4. nusphere

nusphere Member

Great stuff as usual. nice musical progression, gives a good sense of moving forward and upward.

5. ~CriticalWaves~

~CriticalWaves~ Member

Vibin, hats might be a little funny at points, but thats personal opinion, as well as im not feelin your synth that comes at 1:08, I like the pattern, just feel a dif sound would do it some justice. but bass sounds nice and the vibe is there.

6. d-low

d-low I know you got soul

some sick bass noise in this!!

7. Lucider

Lucider Member

I love the synth at 1:08 cause it reminds me of the old school hardcore/jungle. I don't like the chord changes though - then again I come from psytrance so one-note wonder is OK with me.

Yeah, it's good stuff can't wait to hear the rest. Now that I think about it one thing that sounds unnatural about the drums is the way the kick stands out - it doesn't feel like it's part of the "kit" because it's so clean and bottom-heavy. It's opening a can of worms to add a layer from a break sample over it but another option would be to have some other low drums (toms, hand drums, snare even) sorta fill out the "kit."

That said, I like the drums as they are and you probably don't want a busier drum part anyway.

8. oversight

oversight Member

heavy john as per usual