DnB john miszt - darker tides (deep liquid tech)

miszt

BASSFACE Royale
VIP Junglist
john miszt - darker skies (deep liquid tech)

not had much time to write recently, but managed a few late nights making this one...deep atmospheric vibes (as ever lol), it had a big vocal part aswell, but I took it out and went for something subtler...might do another vocal version at some point

(soundcloud player seems to be fooked, link above works)

track wont be visible for very long...feedback an suggestions welcome :)

Last edited:
I am not a fan of the do do do organ noise, I think it is to loud and it quickly becomes obnoxious. Other than that your work is to be envied.

I am not a fan of the do do do organ noise, I think it is to loud and it quickly becomes obnoxious. Other than that your work is to be envied.

thanks man, I think ur right on the organ, no monitors atm, had a feeling I might have been pushing it too hard

- - - Updated - - -

tweeked the mix a bit, found a bit of crossover with the pads that I was overcompensating for I think, cheers for the heads up!

updated :)

might not be much better haha...damn I need my monitors sorted

Last edited:
Ok, So after work today I decided that I was going to go on a bike ride, and according to weather channel I had exactly two hours before it would start raining. The route I choose is 20 mile bike ride through the Appalachian mountains with a 3 mile climb of 1,500 feet and at the 2nd mile point of climb there are grades of 16%. The peak of the mountain is 7.1 miles away from my house and at almost exactly 6.75 miles away from my house the torque from my body weight cause my bike to warp just enough that my back weal became stuck. In other words right before the fun part of a masochistic, arduous bike ride, my bike broke. Just then it decided to rain just enough for my feet to get wet and begin the 6.75 mile run home. Needless to say my feet, thanks to the rain, got blisters. About a half of mile away from my house, in town, the big storm finally came through, and I did not care because my feet were already blistered, I was soaked with sweat, and my cardio high kicked in during the bike ride. That is when I got hit by a car. It was a girl on her cell phone. :mad: I checked my self for major injuries, listen to a sincere apology, requested that said girl, "Please fucking stop texting and driving," and then made it home. As soon as I got home I went and picked up my bike with my car and came back.
So this is were you come in. The first thing I did was sit down and listen to the updated version of this song, I can not tell you how cathartic it was..... an awesome end to a precarious situation. Thanks man, I hope that is why you make music.

Only issue, that is stylistic, I have with the track is at :27sec. I think you could make that hit expand and evolve via reverb and delay into the drop. By its self it sounds unnatural, but in the drop it sounds fine.
Hope this helps, and thanks for the help.

Last edited:
damn man...this is why I avoid too much physical exercise, its bad for your health :o glad to hear ur alright!

yeah this is exactly why I write this stuff :D a meditation of some kind I guess! this helps keep my brain from exploding lol

yeah you are right about the hit/drop and evolution of the sound, that's already taken care of, and I've been doing the same thing with each hit tbh, definitely my weakest area, avoiding repeating sounds and making them each interesting

oh damn, smoothness to the max
that bass... those distorted thingy bits... them drums.. them pads.. that vocal..
amazing work
10/10 would put on my ipod and listen to everyday

oh damn, smoothness to the max
that bass... those distorted thingy bits... them drums.. them pads.. that vocal..
amazing work
10/10 would put on my ipod and listen to everyday

too kind man, thanks! :D glad u enjoyed it!

Lovely from the beginning to the end.
It sounds like you absolutely know what's going on. The organ chords are maximum sweetness, fuckin love those.

Only thing i noticed was that sound at 0.35. It feels like it would be 0.5db-1db too loud.
Go ahead and look around for the bigger labels, i'm sure you will find one if you are looking for some releases :)

Oh by the way, that bass stab directly at the beginning ... If you want to reveal your production secrets please tell me how you made it, it sounds absolutely delightful dude!

Lovely from the beginning to the end.
It sounds like you absolutely know what's going on. The organ chords are maximum sweetness, fuckin love those.

Only thing i noticed was that sound at 0.35. It feels like it would be 0.5db-1db too loud.
Go ahead and look around for the bigger labels, i'm sure you will find one if you are looking for some releases :)

Oh by the way, that bass stab directly at the beginning ... If you want to reveal your production secrets please tell me how you made it, it sounds absolutely delightful dude!

thanks man! I'll have a look at 0.35 and see, cheers for the heads up!

the bass is fairly simple, a low-passed (-92db LP) Saw for the sub (could also use a Sine), and then for the mid, a Square FM'd with another Square, then passed thru a Comb filter, that's the easy bit of course, getting the movement is the tricky bit, setting up the Filter, Envelopes, LFO and Pitch-Bends so they move in harmony (but not necessary together) is where the character comes from, along with lots of layers of texture FX and Distortion...hopefully that's enough info for you to experiment with :) best bet is to try setting up your favourite Synth with those elements, and then tweek the parameters including filter freq, resonance and pitch-bend to see what you come up with, record everything you do in midi, so if you hit a nice sweet spot while tweeking the pots, you can easily go back and double check what you did to make that sound, so you can repeat it later on

glad you'r feeling it anyways :D I've almost finished a 4 track EP which I'm hoping might interest some labels...we'll have to see! I don't really make dancefloor stuff, so its tricky, I write mainly for 6am come downs and 3am heavy smoking sessions lol (or for ppl having a bad day like IV4 was lol)

Last edited:

i actually liked that sound but i agree it's too loud. i think it'd sit best if it were a little quieter and had some reverb and/or delay so it sits further back in the mix and has more ambiance to it. another idea is to possibly only use it during the breakdown.

overall this is one hell of a song, wow.

like this man really nice and chilled out

dont really have any other feedback except finish it.lol

Back
Top Bottom