John B - Blandwagon Poos

noisemonkey

Although a lot has been said about this track I haven't seen anyone do a proper review of it so I thought I'd have a go. This is easily the funniest 12" of the year, simultaneously parodying the clownstep style and achieving the accolade of best of the subgenre. If you haven't heard it you're missing out on one of the heaviest tunes of the year. Aping, as it does Twisted, Distorted Minds and cunningly stealing bits out of older classics as well, this track does everything most people want from a dancefloor tune at the same time. If you listen closely a lot of the breaks used sound quite familiar, possibly nicked from Alien Girl and there's definitely a hint of Cutslo in the amen fills. I really hope that John sampled himself for the "rude name same bassline fuck off" bit, although who the guy he's talking to is unknown. Even if you don't like whatever clownstep is this week you can' fail to laugh at this.

ya this one, smashes bandwagon blues right up, what about the division between certain crews bcuz of this tho?? really grimey tune, john b is a vet in the game, i know twisted been in it for a while now too, but its called respect.

Back
Top Bottom