Jocklaw - Lowfi (Original Mix)

JocklawUS

Hey guys! I just recently finished this new track, and I'd really like to get some opinions on it. Honestly, It's not my most proud production but I think certain people may enjoy it. It has kind of a weird style.
Anyway, let me know what you guys think. A big flaw I didn't realize until after exporting is that the upper bass ranges (100-200hz ish) seem really loud....maybe it's just me but it sounds quite saturated, especially on certain notes.

Thanks in advance for your input!

Bass sounds fine to me. The snare for the half step part is not working. I think if you wanted you could put more elements in your track in the upper frequencies.

Thanks for the response & comment on soundcloud. What about the snare do you think not works? Do you think it should have been less sharp sounding?

When you have more space for drums the snare needs to really open up with more of a tail and larger meager crack in the beginning. I also think you could have more of a crack during the regular part of the song but that is being picky.

I'm only ever listening on cans so can't comment too much on the mixdown, but the groove of the tune is really nice, got a flavour of Boards of Canada to it :)

Back
Top Bottom