Jocklaw - Lowfi (Original Mix)

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by JocklawUS, Aug 17, 2014.

1. JocklawUS

JocklawUS New Member

Hey guys! I just recently finished this new track, and I'd really like to get some opinions on it. Honestly, It's not my most proud production but I think certain people may enjoy it. It has kind of a weird style.
    Anyway, let me know what you guys think. A big flaw I didn't realize until after exporting is that the upper bass ranges (100-200hz ish) seem really loud....maybe it's just me but it sounds quite saturated, especially on certain notes.

Thanks in advance for your input!

2. IV4

IV4 DnBF Sheriff VIP Junglist

Bass sounds fine to me. The snare for the half step part is not working. I think if you wanted you could put more elements in your track in the upper frequencies.

3. JocklawUS

JocklawUS New Member

Thanks for the response & comment on soundcloud. What about the snare do you think not works? Do you think it should have been less sharp sounding?

4. IV4

IV4 DnBF Sheriff VIP Junglist

When you have more space for drums the snare needs to really open up with more of a tail and larger meager crack in the beginning. I also think you could have more of a crack during the regular part of the song but that is being picky.

5. Manu Forti

Manu Forti Detached Audio VIP Junglist

At my end the bass sounds loud mabye too much midrange... Listened on KRK RP6

6. Corinator

Corinator Member

To me the bass seems to be almost overpowering the track. Definitely could use some strengthening in the higher frequencies.

7. Laney UK

Laney UK Member

I'm only ever listening on cans so can't comment too much on the mixdown, but the groove of the tune is really nice, got a flavour of Boards of Canada to it :)