Job centre is shit...

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Welsh Junglist, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Welsh Junglist

Welsh Junglist AKA Faqade

Fuck me I need a job and the job centre is fucking wank. The only jobs on there in this area are carers and I ain't wiping no ol' peoples cracks, I got a bad gag reflex as it is. Anyone got any ideas? Rang loads of shops etc, in the yellow pages and I keep getting 'sorry we're not hiring at the moment'... Fuck off! I applied for Tesco's by me and they not hiring at the moment either. I need vinyls! Rant over.....

2. slimbo011

slimbo011 I've been naughty, I'm banned

wipe ass you must

3. perspective

perspective Sex Drugs & Sausage Rolls

Round where I used to live (midlands - rugby/coventry/leicester) there were lots of warehouses and stuff, easy to get work picking stock and stuff. Not sure what it is like round your way but sign up with a few work agencies, tell them your not too picky about what your doing (obviously poo is a problem :p), and just hold tight for a week.

Alternatively, sell some stuff. Even better, sell someone else's stuff.

4. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Mate, people everywhere are LOSING jobs left, right and centre because of the current state of the economy. It's a really hard time to find a job. Don't be discouraged though mate.

5. Welsh Junglist

Working in a factory/warehouse would be sound. I ain't looking for a career atm just a standard job to get moneys. Yeh man, poo is a problem! Especially when it's no my own. This is north wales aswell man, poo county.

6. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Factories and stuff are the ones closing down the most mate.

7. perspective

The mans got a point. You might just have to take a shitty job for a few months, money is money at the end of the day, i'm sure they'll lend you a peg for your nose. We've all been there - I worked for about 9 months doing night shifts in a warehouse + working part time in a shop for minimum wage so that I could afford to come to uni, but it will all pay off.

Care work isn't all that bad, it depends wholly on the people you are caring for, in some cases they might just want you to go round a person's house every day and check they are alright, make them a cup of tea, give them their meds and chat to them - just make sure they are ok. It might be worth at checking out some of the jobs they have going, it looks like things could pick up in the next 6 months so at worst it will be a temporary thing.

On top of that, its always much easier to find a job when you've got one, 'cos your not preoccupied worrying about money, where your next meal is coming from etc :)

8. [Politrix]

[Politrix] Peace & fucking, believe!

im in same boat mate, all my eqipment is nackered and my vinyl collection is outdated haha, just tried having a mix but after 15mins my speakers go muddy and im using one battered shure whitelabel and some shitty gt thing, hard times. on top of that bedlam is coming up on 7th and i have a 100 quid phone bill to pay! go me!

9. Welsh Junglist

True. Most of them carer jobs are in care homes and my mum's mate used to work in one and she said it was a bit nasty. I just sent me CV to a place near me, telemarketing assistant I think the job title is, only 2 days a week but it's £7 an hour. About £140 a week before tax, not great but it's plenty for me to run on! Thanks for the replies guysh

10. Welsh Junglist

Grim init! Got to look on the bright side though, there's people far worse off than us, gotta be thankful for that I guess.

11. danfreeman1

danfreeman1 Active Member

retail probably isnt the best place to be looking for a job man...down in cornwall there are fuck all jobs going, no labouring, no office jobs as there are no citys, no warehouses down here...im saving up to travel next year, fuck trying to save for a flat now...way too expensive

12. Welsh Junglist

Where you be travelling next year?

13. danfreeman1

danfreeman1 Active Member

not sure yet really, only just started to think about it...a lot of people i know have gone thailand. somewhere i can get a job really and stay out there for a bit

14. djhektikz

djhektikz Active Member

yer im also in the same boat! round my area the only jobs they have r scallywag cleaning jobs,rubbish men, or managing director type jobs!! nothing inbetween!!! make sure u lot sign on!! at least that way u get sum money out the goverment cunts!!!!

15. perspective

like i said above mate, get yourself a shit job until things pick up, its much easier to get a job if you already have one, and you'll probably make more than if you sign on

i've had some atrocious jobs believe me, i work in a bar now (just until july if things all go to plan) but im still the resident bitch cleaning up vomit and piss and stuff, for shit money but i make enough to get by and i know that as soon as there are better jobs available it'll be a pinch to snap one up.

16. Welsh Junglist

Well I am on Incapacity benefit atm because of Clinical depression/OCD/Anxiety/Panic attacks but I'm coming off my antidepressants over the next 2 weeks (gotta come off them slowly) so I want to come off Incapacity and get myself a job and get back to normal. Thanks for all of your replies people!

17. DJNoize

DJNoize Your Mom Rates Me

place is full of losers

18. SLow

SLow Quadrospazzed life-glug

Don't know about your area but down in the south east there's still quite a few jobs about - last week my pal walked into a no-experience-required agency job paying £7ph.

If I was out of work right now I'd probably be looking at going to university, council jobs or jobs with companies with government contracts (Edburtons for example) so I could get a bit of stability.

19. perspective

dunno if id recommend uni until the economy picks up, you need a part time job to survive 'cos (definitely down here in portsmouth), £4k a year isn't enough to live on. Its pretty easy to end up in about 3 x 4k + 2k = 18k debt (3 years of loan plus interest, plus large overdraft). I earn about £300 a month from my part time job which covers my rent, so i can get by comfortably on the loan,but in my 2nd year i didnt work and found it really hard to get by.

20. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

My job is safe as houses :)