Coma - Mechanism
Loxy & Resound - Outer Void
Dycide - Haku
Soul Intent - Cowboy Town
Youngen - Phobias
Concealed Identity - Calavera
Fre4nc, Mtwn & Mindmapper - Relic
Quadrant, Iris & Method One - Airbrake
Greenleaf - Dark Visions (Double O Remix)
Fushara - Subtle Robotics
Andy Skopes - True Chord VIP
Nebula - Encounters

Last edited:
What an opening! The way Drifting brings its melody is nice & peachy. I don’t think I have ever heard that tune right from the start before. Tempo is not too slow for tunes of that era, which is very pleasing to hear. Ice World eases in very well, keeping the breakbeaty essence going, with some additional vocal in that rmx. Loved the way Eco chopped into the mix with Ice World, slapping itself on the beat & when Stainless comes in, doesn’t that do some damage! Had heard that before, but hadn't heard it in SO long, it took me by surprise to what it was. Nice one for including it JMZ! Twinkling melody of Brut whispering into Stainless, building gradually & effectively for it to drop on its own. Into the 5th tune by 12 mins is a great ratio of tunes to minutes.

Wasn't aware of Lets Pretend... sat well alongside Brut, bringing the breakbeat flex back into the ride with some abrupt drums. Big smile on my face when that breaks to the bass hook :) setting up Asteroids to do its thing with Lets Pretend melody hanging in for good measure. Liked the cricket-scratching-its-legs noises when Black Star started to ease in & through the tune, with throw back pads for that era of the mix. Menacing notes of Mechanism start to bless the mix, slowly flowing into Black Star, before its nasty bass eats into the blend. Outer Void keeps yet more bouncing break beats going, with its highs & mids filling in some of the spaces in Mechanism rmx. 10 tunes in & at the 30 min mark.

Pretty hectic build up to the drop on Haku & enjoying the elastic basslines in that. Love a few tunes with a similar style bassline to that & equally enjoying Cowboy Town hiding underneath in the bassline shadows before the first rewind. I wonder how many of those there will be in 1 hour? Additional vocals easing in pave the way for Phobias to make its way to the front. Nicely woven. The unmistakeable vocals of Calavera anoint the jaunt, letting ears know of Relics arrival before a lickle slow fast breakdown and some trumpet switching while Airbrake makes its entrance. Really enjoyed the switching section between those two.

Wah! And there's Dark Visions, with the kung fu vocal, just before the perilous and simple bassline does its work. Don't think I had heard the Subtle Robotics before, but sitting well in the mix, with the accelerating blades triggering the memory banks of something else familiar. True Chord VIP low end working ludicrously well off the tail end of Subtle Robot. Profound vocals push through the crowd, merging Encounters in, complimenting True Chord VIP very well. Had no idea that Encounters was from '96, but with no further adieu, some 60's or 70's funk notes sound its entrance, before some classic Nebula bass arrangements do more damage. The second drop takes it on a completely different direction, again, I don't think I'd ever heard the second half of that.

phew that was a crazy ride right there mang! Great mix!

Last edited:
ha ha mang i was just fucking around....will let you know when im done listening to it for real and hit you back.

finished this on lunch in the car and the mix was nice. I havent heard that Cowboy Town before and will have to pick up now so thanks for that. I felt like from there you killed it mang like you found a groove from there out. Relic is such a big tune and havent heard anybody play it yet and the blend with it and airbrake was probably my favorite of the whole thing. Dope mix and reposted on my SC so hopefully it will get you some more plays.

just finished checking this one out, sold mix man, nice head bopping selection and mixing was pretty tight throughout

Favourite bits for me had to be Soul Intent & Odyssia - Drifting > Mecca & Code - Ice World > Subdata - Eco, solid opener, all tunes flowed in well and not heard ice world or eco before, big tunes

Also enjoyed Concealed Identity - Calavera > Fre4nc, Mtwn & Mindmapper - Relic > Quadrant, Iris & Method One - Airbrake > Greenleaf - Dark Visions (Double O Remix), great selection there, funnily enough played relic last night myself haha, massive track and thought you used it well in the mix, also never heard dark visions remix before, need to grab that loving dem drums!

Big ups mate looking forward to the next one

Back
Top Bottom