Jesta 1hr Mix

Discussion in 'Members Mixes' started by nafe1, May 7, 2010.

1. nafe1

nafe1 sea turtles mate

a selection of my favourite tunes to mix at the moment

http://www.mediafire.com/?1zjyztzyqy5

Dirty Phonics - Teleportation
    Camo and Krooked - Vampires
    John B - Numbers (Camo and Krooked Remix)
    Sigma - El Presidente Vip
    Ebony Dubsters - Ra
    Wobble T - We Do It
    Camo and Krooked - Mindset
    Camo and Krooked vs. Body and Soul - The Big Rush
    >> Sub Focus - Vapourise
    Tantrum Desire and Cabbie - 21st Century
    Vital Elements - No Getting Out
    Tantrum Desire - A Legend Will Rise
    >> D*Minds - Ho Bass
    ----------------------------------------------------
    Sub Focus - Let The Story Begin
    >> Original Sin - Theropy
    Modified Motion and Faction - Dont go
    Sub Focus - Could This Be Real Remix
    Danny Byrds - Sweet Harmony (Jungle Remix)
    Camo and Krooked - Time Is Ticking Away feat. Shaz Sparks
    Drumsound and Bassline Smith - Harder
    Tantrum Desire - Lets Get Raw
    >> TC - Game Over
    Drumsound and Bassline Smith - Cape Fear (Tantrum Desire Remix)
    >> D*Minds - Thief
    >> Jaydan - Suicide
    Killa Hurt - Love Games feat. Charlie Jones

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Last edited: May 8, 2010
  2. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

We have a VERY similar taste in dnb mate! On the download! Should deffinatly try get a b2b set somewhere in Brighton, would work great our tracklists are basically the same haha!

3. nafe1

nafe1 sea turtles mate

haha sweet! nice one muzza, yeah il be well up for some b2b madness mate sounds sik!!!
    gotta go to brighton in a mo but il get on your new one when i get back dude.
    peace

4. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Deffo grabbing.. Wana hear what you got this time dude! :)

5. nafe1

nafe1 sea turtles mate

cheers Russ! big up sir!
    i think you should see improvment since we last had a chat

6. nafe1

nafe1 sea turtles mate

7. nafe1

nafe1 sea turtles mate

c'mon, anyone????

8. Energize

Energize Member

tracklist looking nice, on tha download ;)

9. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Will have a listen to this tonight mate, next up in the list of mixes to listen to :)

10. nafe1

nafe1 sea turtles mate

cheers man, let me know what you think :)

---------- Post added at 13:29 ---------- Previous post was at 13:29 ----------

haha nice one muzza, look forward to your feedback dude :)

11. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Great choice opening with teleportation, personal favourite of mine as you well know! Went through a stage of opening with it myself. Would have loved to hear a massive double drop to kick the mix off though, but you made up for it with a really nice clean switch to Vampires, another personal favourite!

Good man for dropping Numbers aswell, still loving that tune! And a sick mix with El Presidente! Tight as a nuns cunt!

Loved hearing Ra, the original is still such a banger, lost quite a lot of recognition after the remix's but its deffinatly still a huge tune!

Mindset came in really nice mate, wasn't expecting that Wobble T tune to come back in aswell, really nice mix! Very impressed with the mixing so far, seriously tight! With 'The Big Rush' i find it has alot more impact if you drop it into a tune thats already in full force, just adds massive energy.. Just a thought for the future maybe?

Not too sure on that Cabbie tune though, i quite like it but not a fan of how high pitched the bassline gets. Still quite a cool tune though. Fucking bigup for dropping that Vital Elements tune!!!! Havn't heard mixed/heard that in years, absolutely huge.. really sick mix aswell! Deffinatly digging that one out again! Legend will rise came in really nicely mate for a fucking SICK double drop!! Got me skanking to that! As has the Ho Bass mix! Do you have give it to me now by clipz? Double drop that with the 2nd drop of Ho Bass mate, probably my favourite mix.. too sick!

Let the story begin >> Therapy is ridiculously sick! i thought you had an effect on let the story begin until the waawawawa came in on therapy, sounded insane together, big yourself up on that one, huge.

Don't Go is a big tune aswell, got to say though i'm really not a fan of could this be real, nice tight mix though! Again not really a fan of Sweet Harmony remix either, but thats just personal taste. Switched it very nicely.

Ahh back to sickness with Ticking Away! Love it, have you heard 'Mind Is Drifting Away'? Its like a skyline vip with ticking away vocals over it, really nice, check it in their part of the hospital mix on ministy of sound, some really good new Camo and Krooked bits in that mix. Watch out for the Lily Allen remix!!!

I found Harder was a bit too heavy for Ticking away though, switched it very cleanly though once again, got your switching down it seems! Not a huge fan of that Tantrum Desire tune though, is it an older one from them? Saying that it sound BIG on the switch when it changes!

Game Over, classic.. nothing else needs to be said!

Great work with the Cape Fear remix, 2 really nice mixes into it! Suicide comes in with massive energy! Love that tune!

Overall a really nice mix mate, enjoyed it alot.. Mixing was tight as hell and tune selection was right up my street, except a few tantrum desire bits.

Looking forward to the next one mate. Well impressed with this! We should link up for a mix sometime, Bigup!

12. nafe1

nafe1 sea turtles mate

jesus muzz! hahaha, i know you said monster but christ hahaha, mate your kind words are gonna make me go allllll out on my next one!

i do resent "not" double dropping teleportation as i could've left ,myself enough time do get the vampire switch in aswell. might have to start the next mix with a teleportation double drop just for you haha.

had to drop numbers, one of my favs ever aswell as the original, i stumbled across the el presidente vip mix by chance, well happy with how that turned out, it does sound better double dropping it coz you get the el presidente bassline with the numbers hook which sounds top but i would'nt have been able to double drop ra which i just had to do, cheers for picking up on this, its probably my favorite part of the whole mix.

mindset and wobble t is a mix that judt didn't work at first but once i knew how to eq it it sounds pretty sik if i do say so myself haha, never thought about doing that with the big rush, nice advise il definatly give that a go mate.

yeah lot of mixed fealings bout that cabbie tune, just thought its a different type of vibe, heard cabbie double drop that tune with timewarp vip which sounded sik as the cabbie tune was put in as a teaser.
    you know bout that vital elements tune! had it for ages and was waiting for a tune to double drop with it and then legend will rise got released hahaha, i go nuts myself when i play that mix, electronic brain is sik with that vital elements but i play electronic brain a hell of alot haha,
    i will look into that ho bass mix, wern't overly sure on it with legend to be fair, glad you liked it though.

hahaha i knew as soon as i heard let the story begin that i was gonna double drop it with theropy haha! i tried to pull it off at Auxillery but failed big time hahahaha, i was quite drunk and with the echo in room 2 i was confused as fuck! ha!

dont go is sik!, im supprised that you dont like could this be real to be honest. then again it has been rinsed bone dry hahaha. i put in sweet harmony just to take the edge off the mix abit, a little break if you like, definatly wern't gonna play the awful original mix haha, can understand why peeps arn't keen on it.

arrr mate, that sounds amazing, mind is drifting away....i will check that out for sure dude.
    saw the link you put up bout the lilly allen remix will get on that after ive typed this out :)

i wasn't gonna play harder at all, its at the back of my stack but something just possesed my to play it, understands bout the tantrum tune but does go good with the game over teaser eh? haha

cheers on the cape fear mix, never pulled off 2 teasers in a single tune before, i think i coud've picked a better tune than thief for the first teaser, thought the bassline just didn't have that certain.......what ever the french say in situations like this ha!, but suicide, now thats a tune that you can pretty much wack in anywhere haha love it!

Once again thank you very much for the feedback kind sir, big up yourself, defo up for a link up soon, bigness on the horizon!!!!

peace out home slice!

13. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Your welcome man, deffinatly seems like you need to get another deck, from what you said just seem really held back with 2, your beatmatching is bang on now by the sounds of things so i deffinatly reckon its the next step up for you. Big mix, will be rinsed :)

14. nafe1

nafe1 sea turtles mate

do you think? cheers for the beat matching comp. me an my flatmate have just got a cdj so maybe try and get a couple of 3 deck mixes in the next one, to the drawing board for me then haha. cheers again mate, hope you rinse it clean haha peace!

15. nafe1

nafe1 sea turtles mate

16. nafe1

nafe1 sea turtles mate

17. RUSSLA

RUSSLA DNBF Monarch

Yo Nafe! Sorry dude aint had a proper listen yet but its been on my desktop for ages. Will deffo get it on over the weekend. (y)

18. nafe1

nafe1 sea turtles mate

all good russ! look forward to hearing what you think bud!

19. nafe1

nafe1 sea turtles mate

1 more bump

20. Presty On Tour

Presty On Tour Member