Jess Mills - Live For What I'd Die For (Loadstar Remix)

Charlie.cook1

Sounds very much like 'Fighting Fire' im sure the bassline used is exactly the same. Im sure it will grow on me once its played out on a decent system cause Loadstar are both top quality producers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do love that granular sound, but they should really branch out and mix it up a bit, their A sides have been mostly this sound recently.

Least their doing their bit for the environment...

reduce-reuse-recycle.jpg

Hahahahaha

they've literally used every sound from their big tunes recently

I love loadstar but this is a little lazy from them

This is basically hit the ground and fighting fire mashed together with a bit of link to the past intro. Lazy production imo.

To be fair sometimes remixes are like this because producers are hit with a ridiculous deadline and are pretty much forced to do either something like this, or a very unfinished original production.

I do agree with the statement that it is kinda similar to their latest main output, however many producers does the same. In this case it stands out, because it's the bassline involved so everyone can hear it. Take for example Rockwell or Culture Shock (I'm picking those two intenionally since they are generally perceived as top producers and I also think they are among the best right now) and their percussion work. It might not be so obvious, also some may argue it's the matter of "their unique sound" and a completely different thing, but they recycle themselves in every second tune (Rockwell's clicks, Culture Shock's funky kick drum pattern).

i hope loadstar dont get any money for this because its such a joke that they can re-hash older tracks, expect people to like it and still get paid

Fuck sakes that is sloppy. I hate when producers recycle basses or just slightly change one tune to make 2 (and I'm not talking about VIPs, I'm on about flipsides) :/

Read all these comments earlier but only just listened to the tune. Didn't think it would sound *this* recycled!

Massive, massive, MASSIVE fan of Fighting Fire / Link 2 The Past / Hit The Ground etc etc so I didn't think I'd be too bothered but this one just ain't quite got it imo. Disappoint.

still quite sick, not been tempted into buying loadstars stuff tho, cant see me reachin for it for long, link to the past got rinsed too ahrd by the time it came out i didnt want to hear it anymore

Back
Top Bottom