Jenna G's LP

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
Have to say, I really like this album! I didn't think I would because I expected it to be a bit laid back for my tastes, but Jenna's vocals and the production/ideas on a bunch of the tunes is ace!

My faves are: 'Super Sounds', 'In Love' (summer anthem?), 'Don't Bury Me', 'Woe', 'Silent Wonder', 'Healing'

The special Podcast (9.5) Zinc put out a week or so ago was the first to make me take notice, so props for doing that!

Any way, that's all, I just wanted to appreciate this damn fine piece of work, big up all involved! Bingo - a quality label!

fuckin word man, she is the best thing to happen to dnb in a while imo, In Love is my sweet tune this year so far ;)

friction was saying a year ago how this was just being finished up, took nuff time on release. Look out for Jenna, she's kinda hot too

yeah, definitely loving this album at the mo. respect to jenna - we need more talented females in dnb. (y)

'in love' is a wicked tune, certainly worthy of 'summer anthem' status.

I like it too, like SDM, I thought it would be might too laidback, and I prefer hearing individual tracks in a set rather than listening to it start to finish.

She loved Breakneck too (1xtra last Feb), and I got interviewed by her, and myseld Owain and Cara got a lift with her, and I kept in touch by email for a while and sent her some Breakneck Tshirts...
(Blatant name dropping, but hey, it's Jenna G...):respekt:

D Bridge remix of Silent Wonder is the only stand out one for me, and that's because his production in that track is on another level.

logikz said:
out of interest, did she write any of the tunes? im assuming she wrote the lyrics and their notation.

Yea man she did write a few tunes herself, but they are only on the CD version of the album. They are a little more experimental in form than the ones produced by the DnB giants. I was rinsin the CD version for a while, but now i got almost all the quality tunes on vinyl.

My favorites are in line with what SDM had posted at the top of the thread, which is pretty much the whole Jenna G 2xLP (In Love, Heavy, Don't Bury Me, and Pleasure Ride) and the Woe / Silent Wonder single with D.Kay & D.Bridge and the Rising single done by A.I. & Nu:tone. Alot of big names got together on this collab and it certainly paid off. Nice to see that others are feeding on this piece of musical genious...

I didn't really know what to expect from this album but i love every minute of it. I think that the different production styles bring variation to the sound and Jenna's soulfull lyrics are quality.

In love has to be the tune of the summer!!! I also like woe and for lost friends.

actually i had diffferent thoughts, i thought the anthems like IN LOVE is a bit too mushed up. my personal favorites(no tomatoes pls) are "you", "lost friends" where its more soulful and funky. excellent vocals though.

Last edited:
Quality album, wasnt expecting much from it either! Got different sounds throughout, and she really adds alot to the tunes. Got a great voice, respect

Just picked up the album for myself today. Just this minute finnished listening to it.

Conclusion: It's OK. I wasn't really expecting much from this album (how many times has that been said now?!), it has some alright tracks.. SOME. She has a great voice tho, like said b4.

7/10 from me.

My favourite has to be 'woe'.

Back
Top Bottom