Jehst - Dragon of an Ordinary Family ... Best track

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by EWOKS, May 28, 2011.

1. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

heavy track, rest of the album is abit wank tho

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  2. Acid_Alli

Acid_Alli aka The Executioner

Cant wait for this, should be awesome. England is heavy as, starting over's alright... But from what ive seen englands only really doin it for me atm. Poison sounds promising from preview, But find out in 8 days or something.

3. jameshk

jameshk Member

When's this out?

4. EWOKS

yh sorry .. its shit ... i got it a few weeks ago , promo jobby .. to see what it was like, if it was good i would of bought it, as i have all the recent High Focus stuff ..

but england is the best track , thats about it ... the beats are very weak tbf .. and alot of the rhymes are reminiscent of nuke proof style, bit jokey and not very deep .. some nice bars on a track called camerwell carrot , but overall it aint great ..

---------- Post added at 14:48 ---------- Previous post was at 14:44 ----------

pineapple shaped hand grenade, styles all natural like home made lemonade ...

these are the kind of bars, theres some nice ones, but in general its still jehst , fallen off , after falling down and high plains ... shame really .. he has a tune with jam baxter in the pipe line which will bring out his lyrical side no doubt ..

5. Moskit

Moskit :rodigan: Staff Member

My Nan used to be black...

6. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember

nice tune .

has kashmere got any new tunez?

7. Adam.uk

Adam.uk A. Tiran

8. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

That's a pretty nice tune....

9. kobashi

kobashi New Member

dunno what the OP is on but the album is sick. Heard the promo and Jehst spits pure flames. I don't know anyone who has heard the promo mention this as being wack!

Trust people this is Jehst at his best.

10. EWOKS

hahahah ... so, how is it working for YNR anyway ???

Jehst at his best, no ... jehst got his fame thru his lyricism , knowledge, his production, and variety of styles ... this album is pretty weak .. this track was made over 6 years ago, jehst had spat it in dozens of freestyles, like a vast majority of the verses on the album ... so alot of it doesn't sound new .. coz they are old bars, he took too long putting it out.

alot of the bars are reminiscent of Nuke Proof .." pineapple shaped hand grenade, styles all natural like home made lemonade " .. this kinda stuff ... not the best and most thought out ,

jehst was the best on his high plains / falling down , and task force collabs, around that era ... everyone knows he fell off on nuke proof, and the menghi bus , altho has a few promising tracks, overall it aint the best, and smurf ruins it ..

but ure a troll .. googling ' dragon of an ordinary family' for YNR , and going on the forum and saying how good it is so ppl buy it ...

England is the best track, camberwell carrots is ok ..

theres a couple, but overall te beats are weak .. no real bangers .. he needs beat butcha on more tracks .. like this ..

its not the best, and ppl have been waiting years, he doesnt go deep enough lyrically thought the album .. too much light hearted shit ..

" you really feeling the beats ? ill hit you with a drum stick, a hell of a hullabaloo , my head like a helium ballon , way out of control of the leash capiche "

" need to fill my pockets with cream like a chocolate eclair "

theres just shit loads of these kind of bars throughout, compared to the well thought out deep shit, that got jehst were he is now .. this is shit .. others will think different .. but it aint that good ..

11. jameshk

jameshk Member

Cant wait for this, going to pre-order it on vinyl on saturday when my money comes through. Only going to be 500 pressed.

12. EWOKS

champ fraff goin on limited vinyl aswell soon .. BIG

13. spiderfran286

spiderfran286 "Yes, squid pro roe..."

now here is a real UK HH album.....Contact FTW

14. kenyon

kenyon @ The Crack Spot

pre ordered mine yesterday cant wait new albums gona be large from what i have herd so far

15. Acid_Alli

Acid_Alli aka The Executioner

Yh i dunno man, ima wait till i get it and chuck my verdict out there. England is heavy, tbh from the clips alot of the rest are seem pretty whack.

16. Subjekt Music

Subjekt Music Well-Known Member

Needs to go back to High Plains Drifter days

17. EWOKS

because he records and writes over years , so he changes over time, and one track which sounds nice, will be written 4 years b4 the one after it on an album, so that shows thru ... supposedly he got a MASSIVE back catalogue of tracks to put out ... england was written and recorded over 6 years ago .. and he has worked with butcha since .. so hopefully bigger things to come