Jazz/funk samples

I don't know any sample packs as such, but if I wanted to get that kind of sound, I'd get a rhodes soundfont, and write a nice jazz midi part for it. How good are your chords and stuff? Same for the guitar and bass.
Funk guitarists use flangers or wah- wah (modulated resonant bandpass) fairly often, so you could get a clean electric guitar and try adding those FX to make it funkier.
There are plenty of free soundfonts out there, and if you haven't got anything to play them yet, get plogue sfzorzando, it's good and free.

go digging through some jazz/funk tunes, take snippets, fuck with them.

just don't be blatant about it, make it your own.

I don't know any sample packs as such, but if I wanted to get that kind of sound, I'd get a rhodes soundfont, and write a nice jazz midi part for it. How good are your chords and stuff? Same for the guitar and bass.
Funk guitarists use flangers or wah- wah (modulated resonant bandpass) fairly often, so you could get a clean electric guitar and try adding those FX to make it funkier.
There are plenty of free soundfonts out there, and if you haven't got anything to play them yet, get plogue sfzorzando, it's good and free.

Yea the guitar is not a problem for me.Got a guitar and NI Guitar Rig thats got some nice presets with that wah-wah sound.I need some samples like trumpets, pianos and such.

Thanks for your reply.

Yea the guitar is not a problem for me.Got a guitar and NI Guitar Rig thats got some nice presets with that wah-wah sound.I need some samples like trumpets, pianos and such.

Thanks for your reply.

The Loopmasters Smokers Delight or Smokers Relight sample packs are wicked, check em out on their site and listen to the previews to see if they're what you're after, but I think they're really good

Personally .... i wouldn't use sample packs for what you are looking for.. those sounds will be in hundreds/thousands of tracks already.. ideally a local second hand record store, find the soul/funk section & get digging. if this isn't feasible then youtube & youtube converters are your answer!

Back
Top Bottom