JAYDAN,PROFILE & DJ PLEASURE INTERVIEWS.

Poo Sandwich

.. it tastes like shit.
Jaydan Interview

1. How long have you been involved in the scene – I’ve been Dj’ing now for 14 years but I would say professionally for about 8yrs, ive been producing for just over 4yrs and have also dabbled in promoting in that time as well.

2. What are your plans for the rest of this year? - To make lots more tunes, consistently try to improve and hopefully plenty of dj’ing in the UK and abroad.

3. How did you get into what you’re doing – I have a Brother who is 5yrs older than me and he has always been into dnb so it was something I was around a lot. I remember he started producing with another guy and I would sometimes go along and sit there really wanting to get involved and that’s what initially got me interested.

4. Do you remember your first Rave – Hell yeah, it was an Amnesia House night at a club called rage in Leicester, it was an under 18s thing but I loved it. The first ‘real’ rave I went to though was Dance Planet @ the legendary Sanctuary in MK, It was the baddest. The Prodigy did a live set on stage with fire breathers and as I was only like 16 I was amazed to be in there.

5. Can you remember your first play out? - My first play out was at a Formation Recs party at a club called the Underground in Leicester, I remember I had Warren G on my set and was bare nervous, I played Splash’s Babylon and he balled for the reload…I reloaded the tune and I swear it took an eternity for the record to start again lol, it was a long silence.

6. Who in the scene inspired you to want to be a part of it? – There are a lot of people who inspired me in many different ways. Mans like hype for his dj skills, Bukem Musically etc but having been a raver I would say the scene itself inspired me.

7. Do you feel the scene is in a healthy state? – That’s a tough question…I think the scene as in the ravers is healthy but I think that musically its starting to decline due to the massive influx of new labels with no established artists involved. Maybe it’s my age but im a firm believer in the old skool method of learning your craft and attracting the attention of an established label/artist and being invited to join the camp. I just think that it is the music that benefits from this as there is the support and experience to help an artist progress to an accomplished level and also means that the quality control remains higher. The other major problem at the minute is obviously the illegal tune thing, I’m proper tight with who gets sent my tunes so generally its not my stuff floating on these sites but ive recently learnt that people are recording them off ya myspace so im going to have to rethink that aspect of things. As rider recently said on a show, “If you have got no right to the tune then you shouldn’t have it”

9. What was the first record you bought? - I think it was Urban Shakedown – Some Justice in about 91-92

11. What tune are you excited about at the moment? - Ive got a batch of stuff im happy with but I would say it’s a track I done recently called “Pull Up” as its been going down really well.

12. What did you have for breakfast this morning? - Sugar Puffs, I love em but they make ya piss smell like them lol.

13. Do you play any sport? - I tend to like armchair sports like building a spliff or playing the Xbox. I do go to the gym 3 times a week though to try and keep fit.

15. What’s the most interesting place you have been to? I haven’t travelled that much in my life but I would say it has to be Amsterdam, there is no place like it!!

17. Do you have any pets? - No, not much of a pet person.

18. When you were a raver who was your favourite dj? - LTJ Bukem.

19. What’s your favourite TV Show? - Errm… I don’t watch a lot of TV to be honest but I have shamefully found myself getting into Ugly Betty lol.

20. Any shout outs? – Massive shouts My girl Laura, My big Bro Tony, Gdub, Taxman, Hype, Pascal, Hazard and all the Ganja camp and also everyone showing me love and buying my music. Also want to say look out for “Felony” b/w “Crank” Forthcoming on Smokin Riddims very soon…

Dj Profile Interview

1. How long have you been involved in the scene ?
been playin for about 13 years now!! been a long time

2. What are your plans for the rest of this year?
been doin parties with funky flirt called menace 2 society @ herbal in shorditch got 1 comming up over christmas and playin out all over the place

3. How did you get into what your doing ?
my dad used to play in soundsystems so i grew up around music and wanted to dj from a young age.growing up in the same area as as dj brockie and mc det got me into the music and listening to brockie inspired me to play d&b.

4. Do you remember your first Rave ?
think my cousin took me to some rave in stonebridge in west london cant remember much else of it though

5. Can you remember your first play out?
was a long time ago can remember it was at the island in ilford think it was called jungle mania

6. Who in the scene inspired you to want to be a part of it?
brockie and nicky blackmarket, they have been my biggest insperations, theyt still are!!!!

7. Do you feel the scene is in a healthy state ?
i think it could be better, the venue situation in london could be better, hopefully it will get better because the fan base has alway been big.

8. where do you see yourself in 5 years?
really couldnt tell u to be honest hopefully still playin out and putting on parties!

11. What tune are you excited about at the moment?
theres loads my faves at the mo are alot of hazzard, g dub and souldpride stuff.

13. Do you play any sport?
pro evo thats a sport in itself

14. What football team do you support?
liverpool

15. What’s the most interesting place you have been to?
loads of places but canada and potugal i always have memorable sets there

18. when you was a raver Who was your favourite dj ?
cant remember, at the mo its dj hype

19. Whats your favourite Tv Show ?
everybody hate chris. i like comedys

20. Any shout outs?
nicky bm, brockie, flirt, ic3, jo, lisa and spence at herbal, evryone that knows me and big shout out to spice

Dj Pleasure Interview

1.How long have you been involved in the scene
I’ve been djing since 1999 but didn’t start producing until Feb. 2006

2. What are your plans for the rest of this year?
To put in as much effort in to what I am doing and give it 100% to hopefully get where I want to be

3. How did you get into what your doing?
Well a mate of mine was going away for a few months and he had a set of decks. I blagged him to lend them to me, I learnt to mix in a few weeks and by the time my mate came back I was hooked and went out and bought a pair of my own. I got in to the production side of it when I started feeling that I wanted to do more in the scene and djing wasn’t just enough, so a mate of mine sent me a music package and I started to pick things up quite quickly (with the help of others ) and here I am today.

4. Do you remember your first Rave
First Rave was an Elevation back in 1995, I was 15 years old and it was defiantly an influential night for me.

5. Can you remember your first play out?
First play out was at a garage nation room 2. It was an old skool jungle set, I was a bit nervous..but it went very well and the room soon got busier and the crowd was loving it.

6. Who in the scene inspired you to want to be a part of it?
I can’t exactly put it down to one person who inspired me to get in to the scene, its more like, I saw what the scene was about and actually thought to my self id want to be a part of this. Obviously my love of the music played a big part in it and also some friends who persuaded me to take the steps I have taken. So really I can’t say that it was anyone in particular, it was actually the scene it self that made me want to be a part of it.

7. Do you feel the scene is in a healthy state?
Well I believe it has got better compared to the way it was a few years ago. but it could always be better, especially the vinyl sales.

8. where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Hopefully an established producer, with my own label and camp of industry recognised artists.

9. What was the first record you bought ?
err…I think it was “Roll the beats” by DJ Hype on Suburban base

11. What tune are you excited about at the moment?
A tune called “The Wizard”, its quite a strong track and probably one of my best to date.

12. What did you have for breakfast this morning?
Fruit n Fibre

Do u play any sport?
No not really much of a sport person

14. What football team do you support?
I don’t support any, but watch the world cup and the euro for England but that’s as far as it goes

15. What’s the most interesting place you have been to?
Probably Atlanta, America went and saw the martin Luther king birth place and stuff, it was quite deep.

16. How many pairs of trainers do you own?
I own 5 pairs at the moment, different ones for different occasions.

17. Do you have any pets?
No not really a pet person

18. when you was a raver Who was your favourite dj ?
I had a few favourites, Randall, Andy c and Hype mainly

19. Whats your favourite Tv Show ?
Heroes

20. Any shout outs?
Yea, to all the people who have taken time out to share their knowledge and support me. Also to all the ravers supporting the scene and all the people still going out buying records. Big up!

pretty interesting reading how respected dj's got into the scene hope other people find this interesting also..

Dj Pleasure Interview

^^ that beeing the most interesting fact. sick that he gurned out tunes like flesheaters just 2 years after starting to produce.

Dj Pleasure Interview

^^ that beeing the most interesting fact. sick that he gurned out tunes like flesheaters just 2 years after starting to produce.

:word: i was thinking this. big time producer in no time.

:word: i was thinking this. big time producer in no time.

It's not always just what you can do mate. Obvs it's who you know as well!!

And yeah you're right, I think these are off the Kool FM website, can remember reading them a few yrs back. Jaydan talking about Crank b/w Felony as FORTHCOMING lol!!

Back
Top Bottom