Jaw - Feel Trip

Manu Forti

Detached Audio
VIP Junglist
thought id shove this up n see what you guys think ive had a lot of good feedback but some saying the bass line is too jump up for the the style of song im not sure i think it fits ok.... anyways comments n crits apreciated

sorry for offending you prophet by putting in the wrong section it was an accident

Got some good idea's there mate and good vibes, (have you been listening to logical progression by any chance!?) Think you could work on the drums a bit, maybe could do with more percussion in there, also from what I can hear you've only got 1 layer to your snare, try having one low snare with one rim shot and one clap all into 1 snare and maybe some other weird percussion for this sort of tune, quite minimal so you can get nice an experimental with it! hope this helps mate!

Last edited:
im trying for the minimal thing just now so using a lot of claps instead of snares ill give layering them a bash see if i can get a nice er sound out of it....
what about the bass line is it too much for such a chilled track?

I'd say turn down the lfo rate and add more effects to the bass, seems a bit too wobbly for the track, with this sort of track your midrange bass aint as important as sampling and adding textures, all down to personal preference in the end mate, try listening to other minimal artists tracks and see what they do to help give you ideas.

awrite thanx im gonna do a VIP on it anyway cos a mates showcasing it in a mix hes doing but i really wasnt finished with the track so it goes out like that ;/

awrite thanx im gonna do a VIP on it anyway cos a mates showcasing it in a mix hes doing but i really wasnt finished with the track so it goes out like that ;/

Cool man, good luck with it!

Oh and btw you a bond fan by any chance? haha

the jaw thing is sorta gimmiky i think you know i could use jaws from said movie or jaws from bond film or anything related to bling teeth or braced teeth for pictures... i also liked the name so .... meh :D

I like it, maybe you could just vary the lfo sometimes for variation, and like structure4 said, resample with some filter variations etc.

yeah i liked it aswell but felt it was too wobbly for minimal il do a VIP and then ill be happy its fixed. taking into consideration all your thoughts of course

cheers again lads great help

the jaw thing is sorta gimmiky i think you know i could use jaws from said movie or jaws from bond film or anything related to bling teeth or braced teeth for pictures... i also liked the name so .... meh :D

Haha fair shout mate, It works!

yeah i liked it aswell but felt it was too wobbly for minimal

perhaps, but I always like listening to tunes that disregard boundries. If you had that sound in your head then go for it. There's always the next tune.

hmmm mabye but i like things to be right and my producing is getting better mabye not great but i think when i got a few more songs done right ill go through all my old ones and either tweak or VIP them

Back
Top Bottom