January Mix

djnickname

In it for the game.
Hey all.

Hope you all had a wicked Christmas and New Year.

Here is a new mix I recorded for January. I'm very proud of this one and will be using it for a demo to show a contact I met from Rotation to hopefully get some dates set. Feedback very welcome so be sure to check this one out!!!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2UM14OPG

Tracklist

1) Beta 2 & Zero Tolerance - Strike Back
2) >>Twisted Individual - Custard
3) Commix - Electric
4) Hobzee - Cubism
5) Pacific - Someone Else
6) >>Chico - Death of a Rockstar
7) Commix - Strictly
8) Mindscape - Heatstroke
9) >>Ed Rush, Optical & Fierce - Alien Girl
10) Fierce & Optiv - Surface Noise
11) Mindmachine - Acid Poetry
12) >>Zero Tolerance & Survival - Cold Blood
13) Break - Run Off
14) Digital & Spirit - Phantom Force (Spirit Rmx)
15) Culture Shock - The Bypass
16) Hazard - Busted
17) Drumsound & Bassline Smith - Harder
18) >>Subfocus - Acid Test
19) Xample - Infamous
20) Shimon - Faster Honey
21) >>Shimon & Andy C - Quest
22) Bungle - No Return
23) >>Moving Fusion - Turbulence
24) >>Bad Company - The Nine
25) Blame - Rush
26) Chase & Status - Hurt You
27) >>D Bridge & Vegas - True Romance
28) Sparfunk - Freak Night
29) >>Ram Trilogy - Titan
30) Nu:Tone - Second Connection
31) >>Logistic - Inhale
32) Icicle - Weak Moments
33) Twisted Individual - Bollock Yoghurt (GDub Rmx)
34) G Dub - Dr Strangelove
35) Baron - Squelch (Subfocus Rmx)
36) >>Krust - Warhead (TC Rmx)
37) Cyantific & Kasra - Outer Limits
38) Commix - Japanese Electronics
39) Logistic - Glitch

Running Time - 67mins
160Kps - 77MB

ps. Also check out my myspace page http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=193700991. I'm working on a couple of tracks which you'll find on there, so please feel free to leave any feedback.

Thanks mate. It's been getting me gigs!!!

For those of you who judge a set by it's tracklisting, in my case don't. Judge it by listening to it. Looking at the tracklist in your mind might make you think the set doesn't "flow", but when you listen to the the tracks in the mix, well, then you can be the judge.

I've been told I have a very strange & unique style as I don't really have one. I play whatever I feel like playing whenever I want (apart from when playing live, i judging the crowds reaction) and cover pretty much the whole spectrum of dnb, minus the really techie gabba sounding bollox.

Once again, thanks aj7greene. Any other feedback for me? Areas of improvement, ideas to work on???

Yeah one area of improvement. Dont copy Andy C mixes!! Nah I'm joking bro. Good all round. I have the same sorta style coz i cant stand it when people fill there whole set up with commerical drum n bass. I like to leave that to the teases that i drop into my set. And by tekkie gabba bollox if u mean Spor, Calyx & Teebee etc then i have to disagree coz i love that shit!!!
when i post a mix i will let u know
peace

Hi Nick
By the way this is Bogard, if you didn't know. Looks good man, am downloading at work now, im sure it will make the hours pass quicker. Will leave feedback when I've listened. But anyone that puts Dr Starngelove in their recents sets is placed high in my books anyway.:spliff:

Big mix nickname. I will check your myspace tracks when i get home later and i can hear them on a big system

Yeah one area of improvement. Dont copy Andy C mixes!! Nah I'm joking bro. Good all round. I have the same sorta style coz i cant stand it when people fill there whole set up with commerical drum n bass. I like to leave that to the teases that i drop into my set. And by tekkie gabba bollox if u mean Spor, Calyx & Teebee etc then i have to disagree coz i love that shit!!!
when i post a mix i will let u know
peace

See my Favorite Producer in my profile, and take note. I'm a complete metalhead originally, so naturally I'm gonna like the harder more trashy, black, death sounding beats. I believe that the Anatomy LP is one of the greatest albums ever in any genre, as well as most of the tracks being the greatest, most progressive and interesting drum & bass ever created!!!

I do dispise all the propper gabba sounding tracks from artists such as the panacea, lomax, etc. The type of blast beats which im only too familiar with from bands like Dimmu Borgir, only done how they should be.

Big mix nickname. I will check your myspace tracks when i get home later and i can hear them on a big system

not propperly mastered or finished off. Just some ideas im working with. Still on the learning curve. Let me know what you think anyway.

Matt! Wag1???? Hope you enjoyed it. Can't believe what a mess Double J's ICE was in. lol

BUMP

Just got a load of new tunes through the door today so I'll make up a new set with a lot more commercial yoghurt on it.

Back
Top Bottom