January Mix

Jwood27

VICTIM
VIP Junglist
Hello again, its time to make your ears bleed with my clanging and banging around :)
having said that i was pretty pleased with the majority of it bar the rollers convention and stand alone mixes.
feedback, sledging etc all welcome and encouraged as per.

Also credit to roadrunner for suggesting the don't look down - turbulence mix :)

Break ft. Calyx - Don't look Down
>>Moving Fusion - Turbulence
Optical - To Shape the Future (Remix)
Anile, Gremlinz - Stand Alone
Loadstar - Link to the past
Alix Perez - Forsaken
Sunchase - Alluvion
S.P.Y. - Xenomorph
Calibre - Even If
Siren - Rollers Convention
Break - Bass Face
Spectrasoul - Wedgehead
Icicle - Minimal Funk
Break - The Drone
Bcee + S.P.Y. - Is Anybody Out There

On the d/l mate. Rollers Convention was originally SS's tune...if it's not a remix I'm gonna be confused lol!

will check this man! how long you been mixing mate?

---------- Post added at 15:51 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

easy man enjoyed the selection! some good mixes in there man.. some clangs but you know about them which is good..

enjoyed link to the past > forsaken.. chilling man

best advice i can give is listen back to your mixes and be your harshest critic.. and practice practice practice..

another thing to think about is the journey of the mix.. depending on where you wana take your listeners.. i.e start chilled and get harder or start hard chill it in the middle then end hard..

make sure your happy with every single mix.. yeah.. hope you appreciate the feedback and dont think im slating! much more constructive than just saying 'good mix bro'

haha.. take it easy man

will check this man! how long you been mixing mate?

---------- Post added at 15:51 ---------- Previous post was at 15:36 ----------

easy man enjoyed the selection! some good mixes in there man.. some clangs but you know about them which is good..

enjoyed link to the past > forsaken.. chilling man

best advice i can give is listen back to your mixes and be your harshest critic.. and practice practice practice..

another thing to think about is the journey of the mix.. depending on where you wana take your listeners.. i.e start chilled and get harder or start hard chill it in the middle then end hard..

make sure your happy with every single mix.. yeah.. hope you appreciate the feedback and dont think im slating! much more constructive than just saying 'good mix bro'

haha.. take it easy man

cheers man, i really appreciate the constructive feedback. i wouldn't mind if it was slating - it shows i need to improve etc!
i kinda wanted to focus like you say on the journey but unfortunately im quite haphazard so didn't really plan much in advance, so wasn't sure what to put next, which is why it seems a bit broken.

erm well got my decks in may, but been properly mixing constantly from about august/september i reckon

cheers for checking :)

Nice one James, will get round to downloading and listening within the next couple of days mate, and then feedback.

T/L looking suave!

Edit: also if you wouldnt mind checking my latest mix below that would be much appreciated mate :D

Top mix! I'm suprised at how smooth it was considering you havent been mixing that long...

Very sophisticated selection mate...

Like the touch with the old school Optical tune :shades:

cheers people, dan i'll give yours a listen now man :)

PJ, i have a thing for the old school stuff, problem is most of its hard to mix! so nice when it fits in well!

safe mix man!
really liked it! noticed an improvment from your last one.

Only bit of advise i can give is keep at it! some of the blends i thought could use a lil bit less mid on one of the tracks to make them sit a bit nicer together for example with wedgehead and minimal funk!
let us know when you do another mix!

safe mix man!
really liked it! noticed an improvment from your last one.

Only bit of advise i can give is keep at it! some of the blends i thought could use a lil bit less mid on one of the tracks to make them sit a bit nicer together for example with wedgehead and minimal funk!
let us know when you do another mix!

cheers mate :)
cheers for the heads up on the mids, i do notice somethings slightly amiss at times so il get focusing on how i use the mids and see if it helps!
nice one for checking

Easy James, so sorry its taken me this long to feedback!!

Mix is big mate. Loving the intro double drop, and then Shape The Future being brought in with Don't Look Down sounded fucking sick!

Like someone said, LTTP >>> Forsaken is a nasty varied mix! Also thought Even If and Rollers Convention was a lovely little switch up, drums were slightly messy but lock it and it sounds sick IMO

Wedgehead >>> MNML Funk was a badman mix!!! The way you just dropped it unexpectedly haha was really good mate!

As Motion mentioned, there were a few clangs but you know the drill and your still learning, as am I :D

But overall, you can definately notice the mass improvements as your mixes go along. Selection was on point, genres covered well!

I'm expecting your Feb Mix to be a banger now ;)

Ps. I'm hoping to get a Feb Mix up on here so make sure you do one aswell lol

Easy James, so sorry its taken me this long to feedback!!

Mix is big mate. Loving the intro double drop, and then Shape The Future being brought in with Don't Look Down sounded fucking sick!

Like someone said, LTTP >>> Forsaken is a nasty varied mix! Also thought Even If and Rollers Convention was a lovely little switch up, drums were slightly messy but lock it and it sounds sick IMO

Wedgehead >>> MNML Funk was a badman mix!!! The way you just dropped it unexpectedly haha was really good mate!

As Motion mentioned, there were a few clangs but you know the drill and your still learning, as am I :D

But overall, you can definately notice the mass improvements as your mixes go along. Selection was on point, genres covered well!

I'm expecting your Feb Mix to be a banger now ;)

Ps. I'm hoping to get a Feb Mix up on here so make sure you do one aswell lol

thanks a lot for the detailed feedback broseph :) glad you enjoyed it too!
to be honest a few of the mixes were quite lucky, the LTTP > forsaken one was a bit dodgy because the first 16 have no drums so couldn't tell if it was precisely in or not!

like you say im still learning etc, and at least i know were im messing up - hopefully i can do a bit more mixing now as iv done exams etc so shall get back on it!
no pressure for february then - probably won't do one because i'l never be entirely satisfied that its good enough :teeth: look forward to hearing your one though man :)

Missed this one, will grab it now for the gym!
Cheers matey, hope you enjoy it!

Back
Top Bottom