James Specter - Take Me Away (Liquid project WIP) need feedback

JSpecter

Hi guys,

I've been working on this project for a few days now and have found that my choices in vocals seem to be hit or miss with some people. The vocal i've used in this porject I liked at first but I am not too sure about now so any feedback on it would be great!

Also I recently had to switch my room around so my HS8's are pused up against a wall now and I am not too sure how that's going to affect the mix.

Any other general feedback or ideas would be great, thanks again!

Im likin it, I think the vocal fits well. not sure ive much to add, maybe a small amount of lead just shadowing the vocal sometimes.

Found em :D

I really like this tune, lovely mellow bass melody.

There is not much to critisize in this track. High quality sound, nice beat.

The only thing I would add are some background ambient sounds, every now and then, just lighty. I really like that in tracks, it gives them more flavour.

Thumbs up!

Im likin it, I think the vocal fits well. not sure ive much to add, maybe a small amount of lead just shadowing the vocal sometimes.

Much appreciated dude! That's something I hadn't thought of and I very rarely use leads but I'm gonna give it a go maybe see if I can create a melody that compliments the main and vocal and perhaps sidechain it to the vocal!

Found em :D

I really like this tune, lovely mellow bass melody.

There is not much to critisize in this track. High quality sound, nice beat.

The only thing I would add are some background ambient sounds, every now and then, just lighty. I really like that in tracks, it gives them more flavour.

Thumbs up!

Thanks dude I'm glad you're feeling it! I'm glad the new monitor placement has not blown the bass up crazy either (phew)

That's a good idea, I'm thinking maybe something Ivy-Lab esque (huge reverb atmospheres with short decay and sustain maybe something in reverse coming in behind a snare or kick hmmm) I'm gonna give it a go when I get in!

It sounds good man. The vocals sound a bit muffled though. Giving the highs a bit more life and bringing the vocals to the front of the mix a bit more will help compliment the bass line I think but I don't really know much about vocals as i've never used them. Personally I like a snare with plenty of top end too so I would boost the highs a bit or layer another snare and just high pass it around the 2-5k mark. Good work though, the kick has plenty of punch too which I like and the bass sounds really deep and warm. Nice work.

It sounds good man. The vocals sound a bit muffled though. Giving the highs a bit more life and bringing the vocals to the front of the mix a bit more will help compliment the bass line I think but I don't really know much about vocals as i've never used them. Personally I like a snare with plenty of top end too so I would boost the highs a bit or layer another snare and just high pass it around the 2-5k mark. Good work though, the kick has plenty of punch too which I like and the bass sounds really deep and warm. Nice work.

I never noticed the vocals sounding muffled until reading this and referencing the tune in my car, good shout on that I'm gonna give em a little more top end maybe a small high pass aswell. I usually use very clean top heavy snares as well but the one I had on before was taking away from the high hat groove but I'll give it another go maybe with something that sits just under them. Thanks for the feedback dude, glad you like the vibe I'm attempting!

I never noticed the vocals sounding muffled until reading this and referencing the tune in my car, good shout on that I'm gonna give em a little more top end maybe a small high pass aswell. I usually use very clean top heavy snares as well but the one I had on before was taking away from the high hat groove but I'll give it another go maybe with something that sits just under them. Thanks for the feedback dude, glad you like the vibe I'm attempting!

Only needs a few slight adjustments man. Just to add a bit of sparkle to the top end.

Back
Top Bottom