Drum & Bass James Detached - Distrust WIP / feedback appreciated

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by JamesDetached, Sep 28, 2016.

1. JamesDetached

JamesDetached Member

Heard this too many times over the last few days that I'm not even sure what to make of it.

Any feedback on the structure / elements / anything overall would be much appreciated.

I'm considering shoving a vocal on top but I think that might be in a last ditch effort to spice things up a bit.

Any feedback is appreciated!

2. Rounder RG

Rounder RG Active Member

Sounds very clean, love the movement in the pads at the start. Bass is crisp and the drums cut through really well, even if they are a little steppy.

Would love the stems of this for a bit of remix duties when you have finished.

JamesDetached likes this.
  3. maschinistom

maschinistom Active Member

this is really cool. the pitched pads bring me right back into the 90s ;)
    excellent drums imo, very well done. arrangement is on spot. top! :2thumbs:

4. JamesDetached

JamesDetached Member

Cheers dude.

The drums are really steppy I know, I was trying to go for something Jubei (roller) esque to see if it would work out. I'm gonna try shove a ton of percussion in on the second half of the main hook when the pads dip out to see if that can break up the steppyness in places.

Thanks for taking the time to listen, when I'm finished I'll send pm you and send over the stems ;)

Maschinistom much appreciated brother! I'm glad it's sounding good your side, now to get working on the next half.

5. Sunder

Sunder Member

Yeah has a really cool 90s vibe to it with the pitch drifting thing going on. drums sound nice too. and some of those reeces in the 1:40 are really great. Great effort!

6. Misti

Misti Faunix Audio Mastering

Yeah mate this is sounding large, especially for a WIP. You gonna be needing this mastered?