James Brown Rememberance Thread

Indi

Tha Original ThreadKilla!
VIP Junglist
311xInlineGallery.jpg

For those who don't know, 'The Godfather' James Brown passed away in the early hours of Christmas Day

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6208615.stm

I always get upset almost to the point of tears when someone like this dies, I actually feel sick writing this. Same thing happened when John Peel died. Its like being told that the father of everything you appreciate, the father of your style and music, has passed away.
I saw James Brown play at Glastonbury, and he still had as much energy and fair as he'd ever had. Sad day to think that will never happen again. He was one in a million.

I know that many will think I'm being a bit soppy, but this man gave everyone so much, whether you realise it or not and deserves your blessings.

Without James Brown, there wouldn't be the music we have today. He was an innovator of the highest, and a true legend. A influence and a contributor to so many aspects of music, whether it be hiphop, drum and bass, pop music, funk, soul, dance, rock, whatever. The guy had style for miles, and a class that all imitations after him could never touch.
Without a doubt he will be missed and remembered by so many.

RIP James Brown :lighter:

Rip JB. When i woke up upon hearing this my first thought was the tune i used to have on my sony/tape walkman many years ago. With the sample James Brown is dead running through it.
If only i knew what track this was. Acid house years say 1992/3. See you later legend.:miss_rep: :lighter:

propably the worlds most respected wife beater.!
his wife was refused entry to their house from Jame's solicitors after his death..
oh well, lets stick on the music..much respect, thanks for teh music (and teh samples!) and RIP.
hope him,Ray, and Nusrat are havin a massive Jam on the clouds now.

a sad day for soul.. i feel the need now to.. start a james brown tribute group.. send me a msg if u r intrested abouting joining

thanks

Rip JB. When i woke up upon hearing this my first thought was the tune i used to have on my sony/tape walkman many years ago. With the sample James Brown is dead running through it.
If only i knew what track this was. Acid house years say 1992/3. See you later legend.:miss_rep: :lighter:

the tune is called 'james brown is dead' by L.A Style.
there was also a remix "james brown is still alive'

:lighter: :lighter: :lighter:
RIP a Legend .

It's OK guys, you can stop mourning now.

He left his Cocaine and PCP stash to The forum in his will.

I grew up listening to 80's hiphop loving the beats, when I heard JB for the first time, I realise where it all came from...

So many great beats & tracks, a true musical legacy, whose influence spans so many genres...

Back
Top Bottom