Jailbreak for iphone

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by hazdaman100, Oct 19, 2010.

1. hazdaman100

hazdaman100 Bum 'n Face

what is the best software/ any links?

2. Bad Ace

Bad Ace Close2Death

JAILBREAK *facepalm* wrong thread sorry

3. Dahklight

Dahklight Deckstress Mixes soon!

I've only ever Jailbreaked an iPod Touch, and that was piss easy and worth it. However, iPhones could be slightly more tricky, so I suggest you have a read through beforehand.

To get you started:

http://www.appleiphonereview.com/iphone-tutorials/iphone-jailbreak/

http://www.ismashphone.com/2008/09/jailbreaik-reas.html

and yes, if you brick your iPhone through Jailbreak (battery dieing whilst breaking or just fucks up for no reason) Simply plug it back into iTunes and do an update and you'll be back to normal. However, I must warn you, Jailbreaking WILL remove all songs, games and apps. It did on the iPod but I'm sure it will on the iPhone, so again, have a good read first.

Sorry I can't be a better help cos my knowledge as slim to none but I'm sure you can find the right place if you look hard enough.

4. TongueFlap

TongueFlap Flappin'

i did my 3gs and i think i used something called pineapple. worked a treat.

5. Mr G

Mr G Old Cunt From 19 Longtime

I used Greenpois0n on my iPhone 4 (4.1 software), there is another called Limera1n.

What software is your iPhone on?

6. barnesy00

barnesy00 DJZeroZero

what is the advantage of jailbreaking, sorry im new to all this touch technology just got an ipod touch yesterday

7. Mr G

8. JJEC

JJEC Active Member

Leebotwood, Shropshire, United Kingdom, United Kin
    I wish that made sense when i read it in my head.

9. SIRUS

SIRUS 変なひと

Never bothered jailbreaking. I don't really see any point to most apps so need not some dogshit jailbroke bollocks.

10. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

i too was never a fan of dogshite bollocks. you and i see eye to eye on this matter.

11. Naib

Naib Member

Just get an android (Samsung galaxy S2 shits over the iphone 4s). ZERO need to jailbreak such phones since well its an already flexible platform which you can customise to your hearts content without any of the restrictive derp dictated by some CEO

12. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

This.

Also can just download apps and games you want on your pc and install them on your phone. Fuck paying for apps when your paying silly money a month just to have the phone already, and this won't destroy the warranty.

13. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

its a lil bit late to tell someone to get a different phone

and then to recommend a samsung?
    you couldn't have picked a worse brand of cheaply made inferior electronics.

14. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Gotta disagree with you here Teddy mate, every Samsung product I have I have not had a problem with. The Galaxy S2 is a seriously good phone

15. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

cheap samsung products = pieces of shit
    higher end samsung products = best of the best

the galaxy s2 is one of the most powerful an innovative phones on the market

16. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

samsung are actually poorly made by using the cheapest of parts.. their high mark up and swish design gives them the appearance of quality electronics.

I'm sure it is a good phone, and sure you might not have had any problems with any of your previous samsung products, but that doesn't make them a reputable brand based on your personal experiences.

17. Naib

Naib Member

bit late? OP hasn't actually stated how old his phone is. He just states he wants to jailbreak it.
    Now to want to jailbreak it leads to a conclusion that it is past its warranty (ie late into his contract or he bought and the warranty has expired ) or has bought one 2nd hand. You would not want to jailbreak a phone still under warranty so assuming it is end of warranty stating an android-based phone isn't that much of a stretch.

And samsung cheap? hate to break it to you but they all are, its consumer electronics. The fun come determining the product line break where some effort in QA.
    Motorola's razr is suppose to be the sturdiest and one of the best android phones on the market, thing is Motorola upto 3years ago would take old phones and "recycle" the IC's from those phone but sell the populated product at a price fitting fresh components. Can't get cheaper than that. Also you don't seem to be able to get the RAZR atm in the uk

18. Mr G

Bit late you say, just like the recent replies to this thread as this thread was started in 2010!

---------- Post added at 23:57 ---------- Previous post was at 23:53 ----------

Err you can do exactly the same with apps for the iPhone and they dont all need to be paid for.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  19. muzzadj

muzzadj POW!

Ah fair enough mate, thats news to me. But do you mean ALL paid apps? Say you wanna get the new fifa which costs £5+ (ridiculous for a phone game), can you download the .apk file free and install it on your phone?

20. hazdaman100

hazdaman100 Bum 'n Face

Yeah this thread was started time ago, but yeah I did jailbreak in the end using green poison, and it was swish. Kained the fuck out of installous, the mx tube for downloading youtube vids was quality and the customisation, which was not previously avaliable on the OS that was in use back then was way above its time. Would highly reccomend doing it as there is so much more functionality there all for you that I didnt even investigate.
    And dont buy a samsung, they are cheaper made than the iphones, you only have to pick one up and you can tell! The os, processor and software on an iphone is superior to what andriod and samsung offer in my opinion. The only fault with the iphone is its so expensive, however they do retain their value better than any other handset on the market