Jade - What Your Are (Break Remix)

Yes that's what I said

Framework is a good example. The drums have no flow. Break can be the best at making rolling drums when he chooses to, so when he doesn't, for me it's quite disappointing. That's all!
Sure not every tune he's made is amazing, but there's been plenty of sick tunes in the last years. Simpler times LP....?? Symmetry sessions, horizons. Sure it's a matter of opinion, but he's one artist whos output is pretty consistent and this remix is another great example.

Sure not every tune he's made is amazing, but there's been plenty of sick tunes in the last years. Simpler times LP....?? Symmetry sessions, horizons. Sure it's a matter of opinion, but he's one artist whos output is pretty consistent and this remix is another great example.

I never said he isn't good. You've misread my post. I was specifically talking about the drums, and how he approaches them differently now from something like this:

dude you said last couple of years....Framework came out in 2011 and Motion Design in 2006

OK I generalised with the timeframe a bit, but they're just two tunes off the top of my head that exemplify the difference between his classic rolling, breakbeat driven sound, and his more modern stuff, a lot of which is a lot more synthetic and punchy.

Half agree, would be different if he didn't put out so many tunes ie: Fierce.
They're all relatively similar but pretty much all good tunes. And you don't get so sick of them because they don't come out so often.

But it's Break and he puts out more tunes than just about anyone and if they all stuck to the same formula even more people would be complaining about the 'same sound' stuff.

All his tunes change enough for me. Don't really play Z Step out but I play it in the car. Break's a don.

Last edited:
Solid remix, nice to hear a techy Break tune - or a techy tune full stop really - that has a bit of a groove to it and some funk.

So much of Breaks recent output has been about the impact and the engineering perfection that I think a lot of what made him an interesting producer got kind of overlooked for a while. For me he is always at his best making huge rollers with big bashy drum breaks rather than those big staccato techy bangers he has been at for the longest time.

Back
Top Bottom