JADE Interview (BSE, Citrus, 1210)

RUSE_RECORDS

jadegc8.jpg

After signing a track to Black Sun Empire Recordings in 2004 like a giant meteor hitting tha face of tha moon he made his mark on the Drum and Bass scene not letting up Jade has moved from strength to strength,
with releases on a number of established labels and shows around Europe, tours down under and an up coming release schedule of pure platinum! After his latest show in London we’re lucky to have a few words with tha stripy boxer wearing man known as Jade!!

Hi Jade, to get tha ball rolling, who do you rate as your number one sexiest girl in the world? (for tha pics or stfu crew)

livaf1.jpg

When and how did you first get into Drum and Bass?
My first encounter with dnb was accidental. We practically hidden away from rain, in a club. I must admit my feelings at first were contradictory. I liked what I heard, but I couldn’t make difference between the tracks at all, and that annoyed me :) They all sounded all the same to me. After that I put my hands on a mix by
loxy, the tracklist consisted of bad company, kemal, ed rush & optical, etc dubs. It was the fresh sound I was after. Soon I found myself on drum and bass parties, as I got more into the vibe it consumed me. Before this I wasn’t able to pick a genre when I was asked what I was listening to. However I kept my eyes open ever since ;)

How would you explain your sound?
What I like about drum and bass is the pure energy. 170-180 bpm is the perfect tempo for me when it comes to electronic music. I can’t describe “my sound” easily. My tracks are usually very different, I don’t like to repeat myself. What I always try to achieve is a rolling, techy – yet organic sounding, funky – but still dry, not too cheesy sound. I find sound engineering also very important, that is the key to make the tune work.

You live in Budapest, a country that has given us great producers like Chris.SU, Mindscape, SKC, ICR & Matt-U to name a few (like the rhyme?), how do you think the area you are from has moulded your sound?
It is definitely an inspiring environment. My serious career as a producer started with teaming up with Matt-u; also I got a lot of help from SKC and Chris. I have heard many times that there is something like “Hungarian sound” exists ;)

What labels have you released on?
BSE recordings, Moving Shadow, Citrus, 1210, Spawn, Cyberfunk

You have a number of releases and forthcoming tunes with other producers, do you prefer to work on your own or part of a collaboration when making tunes?
Both have its advantages, collaboration is always a compromise in some way, but also a great deal of fun, and influence. When working alone its great that you have a lot time to focus on small details as well, when there is someone else you have to keep the work effective. I enjoy both :win:

Who would you like to work with in the future?
There are two collabs in the making with Chris.Su, one with Axiom, probably there will be one with State of Mind and we also talked about one with Dylan Nocturnal. And of course Minscape and Matt-U, as usual. Whom I would like to work in the very distant future, I would say Calyx, Break, or Audio...

What’s your current top ten?
BREAK - Submerged (CALYX & TEEBEE remix)
OPTIV - Brainworm
BSE – Monologue
PROLIX & NOCTURNAL – Bad Blood
MATT-U – Woland
MINDSCAPE - Malfunction
RREGULA & DEMENTIA – Ocean Catch
AXIOM - Scavenger
MINDSCAPE - No Escape (NOISIA remix)
C4C – Never acid again
JADE – The Prey

We’ve just caught you playing at This Way Up in London; it was the highlight of my night, we hear you’ve got a tour in New Zealand & Australia next year where can we catch you in the near future and what do you bring to the stage?
I wish I could tell you more about that tour. We had one scheduled this September with matt-u, but sadly that got cancelled..
This way up was absolutely wicked! I am happy I could finally pay a visit to the world’s dnb capital, and what’s more the night turned out crazy!

So, let us know what the ever growing Jade fan base can expect in the near future, what have you got forthcoming?
To begin with, an EP at Citrus: ‘Ready’, ‘The Prey’, ‘Cryptic’, and ‘Bitch (Audio remix)’. The remix is being done right now, I can’t wait to hear it, I am sure it will be a massive hit. Audio is one of the most decent producer’s atm in the scene.
There is one tune signed to Gridlok’s P51 called ‘Cracks in the Ceiling’, the flip is unsure yet. We are working on 2 tunes with Chris.SU, one is fully done, called ‘Digital Mind’, and the other will be finished very soon. On the forthcoming LP of Mindscape you can find ‘Insomnia’, and ‘Black Lotus (Break remix)’. I have 2 tunes forthcoming on

a smaller (but very nice :) ) UK label called Close2Death: ‘Silent Hell’ with Rusher, and ‘Synth City’ with Cell-D & M-Tech. We have a fully finished, but unsigned tune with Matt-U: ‘Dread Moon’. At the very moment I am working on a remix for a London based breakbeat label, Cyberfunk. The track is called ‘Arms Race’ by Odissi & Quest. And there
will be an other remix very soon for ELP Collective too, from a Metrik track. And while we are at remixes, I have remixed BSE’s ‘Stasis’ recently, however the future of that track is unsure yet..

Bookings for Jade can be made through bookings@ruserecords.co.uk

Jade on Rollabeatz
http://www.rolldabeats.com/artist/jade/tracks/sort_by_year/asc

Jade on Myspace
http://www.myspace.com/jadednb

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom