Jack has snapped off inside my laptop!

Code:Red

Defiant
VIP Junglist
I usually listen to my music from my laptop out of my speakers i use for my decks...but the jack has snapped off and is stuck inside the line input..does anybody no or got any ideas of the best way to get it out?

Only thing I can think of is a powerful magnetic, but ffs make sure you keep it away from everything else, cos it'll fuck your harddrive and damagee your screen.

Is there anything left poking out at all? Cos you could get some precision cutters and grip onto the end and pull it out, and by precision cutters I mean ones with very small jaws.

http://www.google.co.uk/products?so... side cutters&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wf

I'll have a think for a better solution though

good idea sammy..or get some superglue on the end of a cotton bud or something sick it on wait til it drys then pull it out?

ye i was thinking using a strong magnet but i dont wanna risk ruining my hard drive or my screen..and the gap is tiny and its only about a third of the end of the jack that is stil in there...

never ever use a magnet, jus take the tray off the bottom of your laptop and push it out from the inside, the jack inputs are open on the inside as they dont need to be earthed, they are usually jus a couple of conacts, they are a piece of piss to get out, jus dont loose ya screws u will be flying, taking it apart and putting it back together is total common sense, i can see u can type so this shouldnt be a problem.

never ever use a magnet, jus take the tray off the bottom of your laptop and push it out from the inside, the jack inputs are open on the inside as they dont need to be earthed, they are usually jus a couple of conacts, they are a piece of piss to get out, jus dont loose ya screws u will be flying, taking it apart and putting it back together is total common sense, i can see u can type so this shouldnt be a problem.

i tryed taking it apart last night, and once i had taken all of the screws out, the tray underneath seemed really stiff to pull away from the laptop and felt like it was going to snap!

it was prob held on by more scews, try n pop ya key board off and have a look underneath, or take it to a PC shop n get one of the nerds do it in 5 mins.

what PC is it? or is it a MAC?

Ah thats a stitch, sometimes they are easy sometimes they aint.. You need a couple of levers in there, but they must be softish and you gotta check what your levering on.. Bit tricky without seeing it tho so hard to advise.

Pics maybe? If you really get stuck that'd help a bundle!

it was prob held on by more scews, try n pop ya key board off and have a look underneath, or take it to a PC shop n get one of the nerds do it in 5 mins.

what PC is it? or is it a MAC?

well my mic and line input are situated at the front of my laptop so taking the keyboard out won't be any help. it's an Advent AMD turion 9515

Ah thats a stitch, sometimes they are easy sometimes they aint.. You need a couple of levers in there, but they must be softish and you gotta check what your levering on.. Bit tricky without seeing it tho so hard to advise.

Pics maybe? If you really get stuck that'd help a bundle!

Gimme 5 mins and i'll try and sort one out

heres the picture..its the slot on the right. you can just about see the gold tip where its lodged in

Attachments

• P23-09-09_16.16.jpg
    P23-09-09_16.16.jpg
    495.3 KB · Views: 37
Back
Top Bottom