J-Rex - Personality Check (Brave & Bold): Nu Skool Bassline

The track is not my cup at all. The Bassline bears no resemblance to Nuskool. Quirky track overall. The PROD sounds really solid though... definitely doesn't sound like a "first track" imo.

Nice one cheers for the feedback, kind of expected that most people on here wouldn't be into this kind of thing
When I said Nuskool bassline I was referring to the genre being bassline, and used nu skool just because it isn't the same as that classic cheesy bassline i.e. all the niche stuff

Nice one cheers for the feedback, kind of expected that most people on here wouldn't be into this kind of thing
When I said Nuskool bassline I was referring to the genre being bassline, and used nu skool just because it isn't the same as that classic cheesy bassline i.e. all the niche stuff

There's a Genre called, "bassline"... why? 99.99% of all Dance Music has a Baseline in it. Nu Skool doesn't mean the opposite of "classic cheesy bassline"... dunno where you got that from. Look up SOTEG or Jnr. Hacksaw sometime and you'll see what Nuskool Breakbeat is. Nuskool refers to Breakbeat because they go hand in hand.

Fyi, I'd label your track Tech House... even though it's more quirky than techy. Or you could flip the Sub Genreing the finger and simply call it House : )

haha yeah there is a genre called bassline, with this 4 to the floor style beat, anyways i was just trying to come up with some sort of way to describe the tune, no idea how to change the thread title so it can't be changed now :)

Back
Top Bottom