J-Majik & Synikal Saturday

Discussion in 'Advertisements' started by Synikal, Nov 14, 2003.

  1. Synikal

    Synikal New Member

    Joined:
    Oct 23, 2003
    Messages:
    17
    Likes Received:
    0
    Substitution in conjunction with Gamecrazy and Cue Records are proud to present the Infrared label owner and producer/dj extraordinaire, J Majik for one night only!

    J Majik (Infrared, Metalheadz, UK)


    A member of Goldie's Metalheadz crew since the age of 14, J. Majik has the drum 'n' bass DJ thing dialed. “Mixing is really sort of like riding a bike,” he says. “

    With mixing becoming second nature for the 25-year-old, Majik improvises to keep things exciting. “I know 60 percent of what I'm going to play, and the other 40 percent just gets pulled out of the box,” he says. “I know a lot of DJs plan their set meticulously, but I find it quite boring. And they don't look like they're vibing as much; they look like they're doing something they've done before. I find it exciting to have only heard the tracks once but never have mixed them together. Then, the vibe is wicked!”

    Special local guest - Synikal

    along with the residents
    Armen
    Magnum
    Nate Day
    Illy MC

    Cost: $10 (reduced@substitution.net)
    Age: 18+, 21 to drink
    Location: The Parkway, 20th and Arch, Philadelphia
    Time: 10pm to 3am