Izotope Iris thougts

Sulihin

Izotope has a 30% off sale on Iris for the next week or so and I'm in the mood to get myself something. I grabbed the demo but I'm not really all that good at resampling. Does anyone have an opinion on it's usefulness?

I'm really envious of what I've seen Seamless and others do with Harmour and resampling to make sick neuro basses but since I produce on a Mac that isn't currently an option.

I mostly use Zebra2 in Ableton with Ubhik and Fabfilter Volcano an Saturn on top of stock Ableton effects these days, if that matters in any way.

I have no experience with Iris but look into what Sampler's have the most readily available packs for them before deciding.

You don't want to buy something which is limited to a small handful of sample patches..

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry didn't grasp your first post lol

If it's re-sampling you want to get into do you really need another Sampler? Why not use Ableton's built in plugins?

Iris isnt the best option for resampling reeses, you can do it, but kontakt would be a better idea.

Now what it can do is take a sound, let you mangle it into something very disturbing sounding by cutting out specific frequencies and mangling them into oblivion :D.

I have Iris and only use it for background noise. It is not really good for sampling the way I think you are mentioning to use it...you can chop sounds in a really interesting way and add cool noises and sounds to it.

Back
Top Bottom