Ivy Lab - Sunday Crunk (Mefjus Remix)

So if this is a snickered white label does that mean there will actually only be like 50 of them? I don't really know what stickered white label means.
it means it has a white centre label (not stamped with a label with artwork), and they will just stick a sticker of some sort on the centre label. This is the cheapest way to produce records...somehow I think this will be quite expensive though. There will be around 300 at a guess, which is usually the amount needed to make a run financially viable

or the sleeve might be stickered, so something like this:

die%2012.jpg

Ok, so the pressing plant just makes the records with plain labels for cheaper and then critical will do the centre labels separately? Always thought test presses and white labels were the same thing, makes so much more sense now.

I dunno about you guys but when I rip MP3 from a vinyl it's about half the quality of a CD

It takes a fair bit of effort, but with the right needle (check out the elliptic needles) and soundcard its possible to make a more than playable vinyl rip. I've done quite a lot of my collection which has taken hours of time, but it means I don't have to batter my treasured vinyl in most cases.

Ok, so the pressing plant just makes the records with plain labels for cheaper and then critical will do the centre labels separately? Always thought test presses and white labels were the same thing, makes so much more sense now.
Test presses are the 4-12 presses that are produced with the master to check that everything is OK before they go into production. Whites are a produced run, but with no custom artwork.

Not sure if Critical are doing the centre label at all, it might be just a cover sticker. I have tonnes of white-label promo's (which used to be the first/earlier run of a lot of releases until recent years), which were just plain white or had a sticker or stamp on them (Ram used to have a white promo run every release, now I think there's not a big enough market and people would prefer to get full artwork vinyl releases)

It takes a fair bit of effort, but with the right needle (check out the elliptic needles) and soundcard its possible to make a more than playable vinyl rip. I've done quite a lot of my collection which has taken hours of time, but it means I don't have to batter my treasured vinyl in most cases.

Yeah I think my player and its parts are pretty basic. My dad just bought it to play all old stuff from the 80's on, so the needle is unlikely to be optimal for that kinda stuff. I will probably look at buying a decent one next year when I've got some other stuff sorted. It would definitely be good to get good quality rips so I don't have to buy both vinyl and CD or digital every time I get an album.

prefer the blame you remix to this but don't mind this tune, going to be grabbing the bundle with the slipmats, they look fresh haha

Just heard this on the radio and almost put my head threw a window, it's fucking naughty, is it out to buy on MP3? Show me if it is...sorry if I can't read previous posts I am on my shit phone

Back
Top Bottom