Ivy Lab - Missing Persons EP (Critical Music) Out Now

Hi all

Apologies for the confusion - there was indeed a mistake made at Surus earlier today and download links went live prematurely. Congratulations to the few of you lucky enough to have caught the download and apologies for the disappointment caused to those of you that didn't.

The Surus release has now been amended and in a few days time we will be announcing the complete release details, so hang tight until then

Thanks from all of us at the Ivy Lab!

Anyone know where the Live On Your Smile vocal is from? Same sample as on Rockwell - 4U

- - - Updated - - -

No worries, found it :)

Let's all be thankful kasha made this a full ep vinyl wise,so big ups kasra for that.

Kasha? Or are you mistaking him for..

kesha-Funky-Medium-Hairstyles.jpg

Quite like this EP. Not usually my cuppa, but the a & b sides are really well produced, like Baby Grey. Pepper is wicked, and the d side is a bit of a grower. Was hoping for a bit more Askari & Brat, but I guess Sunday Crunk is a bit experimental like that

Last edited:
All the tunes have something that really draws me in. I love the break in Missing Persons. It gives it a lot of energy. The standup bass in Lose Your Smile gives it a bit of a menacing feel. Pepper is a nice techy roller that's not overdone by filtering and doesn't sound smashed to fuck. Not a fan of Sunday Crunk. The Deft Remix of Pepper is really interesting. It has a nice flow for being a kind of syncopated tune.

I could have swore this was a late Feb release? I was hoping to do the Oblique RP, this and the Murmur RP in one hit, but you just can't chance it with Critical releases these days.

Back
Top Bottom