Ivy Lab LP

Read through his post again. He said that it doesn't matter for him how it's called, he enjoys it, and no one forces anybody to like it.
This discussion is completely senseless.

Perfectly summarised. Their IvyCast003 is superb and goes from the "not dnb" to the "definitely dnb". In fact, i'm going to stick it on now.

Last edited:
I was referring to his first sentence, guess I should've quoted just that.

It's music, end of. May as well get rid of all the subforums because "it doesn't matter" then yeah? :2thumbs:

I dunno, I guess I just don't get why some people seem to freak out if stuff gets played at a night that doesn't have a sniff of amen break at least every 10 mins. Not saying you're someone like that, I just like a bit of variety. With that comes tunes you don't like, I for one would love to never hear "Bricks don't roll" ever again but I can handle it for 2 mins when it inevitably gets dropped every night I go out.

Not into this tune at all. I am still hopefully that the rest of the album will have some stinkin' nasty bangers on it though.

I dunno, I guess I just don't get why some people seem to freak out if stuff gets played at a night that doesn't have a sniff of amen break at least every 10 mins. Not saying you're someone like that, I just like a bit of variety. With that comes tunes you don't like, I for one would love to never hear "Bricks don't roll" ever again but I can handle it for 2 mins when it inevitably gets dropped every night I go out.

I wouldn't say there are many people today that "freak out" over hearing something that is quite different to what they normally hear, especially in the UK scene, quite a bit of variety of styles that sit at 85/170 are covered by a/few DJs in a night, but I sort of get what you're saying. Still, I didn't get such an impression from this thread at all, and discussing whether something is DnB or not isn't wrong in my books, even though it's pretty meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

LOL, i haven't realized until now that ivy lab is Sabre, Stray & Halogenix. I always thought it would be a single person, stupid me

wish they would release this shit under a different pseudonym, ivy lab was once buy on sight
Couldn't agree more.
They should be making music that fulfills your requirements. I really don't know how these self involved producers sleep at night knowing what they've done. They need to check their physics books and see where the sun really revolves.

Tracklist for the LP (no collabs with Perez or Upbeats, sorry folks!):

01. Rorschach
02. Shamrock
03. Third World Cop
04. Love Is Here
05. Hiya feat. Havelock
06. Gettysburg
07. Cherokee
08. Click Clack
09. Ubane
10. No Answer
11. Slipped
12. Microwave
13. Voltage
14. Deus
15. Woodland Princess
16. Delirious

http://www.residentadvisor.net/news.aspx?id=31467

What I find interesting is that the 2 Sabre dubs from last year "Microwave" and "Voltage" both appear once again as Ivy Lab tracks. Wonder whether Sabre actually worked with Stray or Halogenix for said tracks...

What I find interesting is that the 2 Sabre dubs from last year "Microwave" and "Voltage" both appear once again as Ivy Lab tracks. Wonder whether Sabre actually worked with Stray or Halogenix for said tracks...

I might as well provide a bit of audio for those two then from when they were Sabre dubs:

Voltage at 13:51
Microwave at 15:28

Microwave is hot.

Last edited:

"Unlike previous collaborative work, 20/20 Volume One uses a "clan-style approach" where members work in different configurations under the Ivy Lab banner, instead of working on all the tracks together. The record also sees them moving away from a straight-up drum & bass style into more varied tempos. "We have no intention of turning our backs on drum & bass," the group say, "but we have such a huge body of music in this style that it makes sense for us to create a parallel platform dedicated to this movement.""

"Unlike previous collaborative work, 20/20 Volume One uses a "clan-style approach" where members work in different configurations under the Ivy Lab banner, instead of working on all the tracks together. The record also sees them moving away from a straight-up drum & bass style into more varied tempos. "We have no intention of turning our backs on drum & bass," the group say, "but we have such a huge body of music in this style that it makes sense for us to create a parallel platform dedicated to this movement.""

I was thinking that myself

...Unless you mean "different configuration" can also mean just one of them behind a track?

Don't see any massive difference between 2/3 working on a track and 1/3 working on a track. It's not the full Ivy Lab group either way, but it is Ivy Lab in both cases. If one is happy to do a track on their own and not take individual credit, then why not, it's still an Ivy Lab tune.

Back
Top Bottom