DnB I've specially registered to get this tune id!

matches1

Hello, so I was listening to a local urban radio station and this tune came on. It was weeks ago and I fear I may never learn what it is. I cannot get it out of my head and it is killing me to know what it is!

It's a drum and bass track and there are two lyricists over it, one male, one female, both London accents. The lyrics are a narrative/story of their relationship and problems within it. There is humour in the lyrics, I think. It's a proper up-tempo, feel good tune. The girl does the chorus but I cannot for the life of me remember what she was saying. She sings whereas the male just "spits" so to speak.

I should add that it is very obviously a commercial, mainstream tune, aimed at younger listeners. It's nothing underground or purist.

Any help is massively appreciated!

Last edited:
First off thanks a bunch for your reply. I've just noticed tune id posts don't get many replies so thanks!

It's not that unfortunately. If it helps to narrow it down, the male voice was a black voice, I'm certain.

When I say mainstream I don't get mean charts mainstream, sorry. What I mean is the kind of tune that anyone would like, and not the kind of tune that is number one on the Beatport charts.

Last edited:
I understand mate and I do appreciate your help. I've just looked that one up and it's not it.

Here is the link to the playlist of the station that played it.

http://www.unityradio.fm/index.php?page_id=3488

Perhaps someone can narrow it down from there? That is their latest playlist and it was weeks ago so I'm not hopeful... but all replies/help are massively appreciated!

Not that one but you're getting closer! Good tune that!

The tune I heard had a light-heartedness about it, if you get my meaning? There was definitely humour in the story told by the male as well. When I say the lyrics were about a relationship I mean more of a teenage romance than a serious adult relationship, if that helps.

Really sorry I cannot be specific! Story of my life!

the lyrics don't, but everything else does... it has a male and a female. female only does the chours. and it sounds like a black voice for sure.

Back
Top Bottom