Ive been paid for my first set!

Ive done a few sets in a couple of clubs before, but its always been for free obviously.

i did a set in bath (it was an under 18 night) but it was about 500 people.... i only got paid £20 (which i dont even care about the money, its just the fact i got some out of it) but its the first time ive been paid without having to take my decks to someones house or wateva....i just did an hour set which i fucking loved and got paid for it! it was a fucking mint feeling! :D

Joey AdhD

sweaty scouser
VIP Junglist
its always good when ya dont expect it, me n mate at got 30 quid each one night when we were propa on our arse an were about to scurry off with our records, back in the early days, we propped up the bar all night.

i my self am not arsed bout gettin paid, but its always nice but there is no better than playin out and money should always come second over the love for what ya playin.

big up ya self mate...!!!!!

deadaelus

Laughter in the Slaughter
VIP Junglist
for one hours worth of work i'd say you are doing OK

and you should get paid everytime you play. People don't pay admission for lights and sound, they pay to see you play.

motion audio

VIP Junglist
and you should get paid everytime you play. People don't pay admission for lights and sound, they pay to see you play.
It'd be nice yea but a lot of smaller events its not possible for the promoters to pay everyone involved and still break even/make a profit. If the DJ/artist whos playing is bringing in huge crowds and making the night what it is then yea, they deserve some pay for it, but you cant expect people to shell out more money on top of all the other costs when they can barely afford to keep the doors open anyway.