ITUNES HELP

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by Dan M, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Dan M

Dan M hard gay northern bear

Dont know if anyone has experienced this yet but its happened to me on occasion and now my old dears itunes is doing it.

basically all of a sudden any time you try and play a song direct from your itunes a window pops up and reads.....

"the song ""fuckwit"" cannot be used because the original file could not be found. would you like to locate it?

Locate Cancel"

now if you click locate you can follow some pop ups through to your documents and re-establish the file which allows you to play the song but obviously doing this every time for every song is ridiculous and why has it suddenly decided to go fucking awol anyway???

if anyone can shed any light on the subject i'd appreciate ta.

2. DJ Spliff

DJ Spliff Never Enuff Vinyl

I've had that happen to me before but only for a couple songs here and there. Have no clue how the files for them would get deleted by that's why it happens. It's doing it to you for every single song?

3. Dan M

Dan M hard gay northern bear

well on my laptop it just did it for a few songs but i uploaded shortcuts of them to my desktop and the problem went away. on my mums laptop the whole library has gone up the shitter.

contacting itunes and itunes help is fucking useless too

4. DJ Spliff

DJ Spliff Never Enuff Vinyl

5. poohoodahoodoo

poohoodahoodoo Member

ive had problems with this.
    if you download tunes or rip a cd and it autoloads onto itunes and you then move the file at a later date (say from the desktop to your music folder) this will happen. if when you first started itunes you scanned for music files rather than loading them directly onto itunes then this will happen.
    if you havent moved any files at all then fuck knows. something seems to go wrong every time itunes is updated.

6. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

try going on preferences and changing the root folder it reads from.

my brothers has its own itunes folder, i changed it to the main pc music one and it worked fine, could try that?

7. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

Ive had this, what I did was delete everything in my itunes library to avoid dead links. Then drag your entire music folder back into itunes, it will take about 5 mintues to load everything, but all the shortcuts will be renewed and will work as normal.

8. *shibby*

*shibby* Member

I get similar problems with itunes too, its not my whole library but just random tunes. I noticed when I started loading tunes by the same artist, other ones would disappear but I haven't moved or edited the folder. Its stupid how it just loses the link when I haven't touched it.

Does anyone know anyway of making sure all the music is copied safely before you delete the lot? I thought I had copied it properly before I wiped my laptop only to be told when I reopened itunes none of it was recognised, it fucking annoyed me a fair bit.

9. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

just make sure all your music is sorted in one Music folder, sounds like you copied the folder over but missed some that mightve been scattered all over the place, like Downloads folder etc.

All about organisation, but when iTunes fucks up, simply delete it all and import all the music again.

10. greddie

greddie Super Sir Loin

i had this happen once before.
    normally turning itunes off and restarting it worked ok...
    but cos my music is on an external HD, if connection got loose it wuold loose all the tracks and ask me to find them again.
    but you can just re-load the library and this will sort problem because it loads a state where itunes knows where everything is.. problem solved?

11. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

have a folder on your desktop called - music.

keep all music in there. also download music to that folder, or put it in there before you link it to itunes.

then on itunes, select, 'add folder'

click on that 'music' folder on your desktop and it will link all that.

its usually because people download a track, play it striahgt away in itunes.. then move it, or close the download link.

i just put all my music in one folder.. jobs a gudden

12. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

I got the exact same problem.

Every single song that hasn't been ripped from CD to itunes cannot be found. Yet I haven't moved any files, or renamed anything.

Is there an easier way to put everything back on (like almost 5,000) without right click - open with itunes?

Almost 5,000 tunes will take me foreeeeeeeeever.

Also, where do the files get saved when you rip from cd into itunes? Because I want to move them all to my external hard drive, so it doesn't clog up my computer.

13. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

usually in My Music - iTunes , or iTunes Media (on Windows, no idea where for mac fags :D)
    if you want to import all your music, just make sure its ALL in ONE folder, doesnt matter if there are subfolders.

Then drag that folder over to your empty itunes music library (be sure to delete EVERYTHING in there first) and it will import everything, including sub folders.

folder is starting to sound weird

14. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

So Just drag the main folder into itunes?

Will it save all the info I've already put on everything in itunes (such as album name, genre blah blah?)

15. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

yes, because itunes is clever and changes the ID3 tags when you change the info in the library.

16. Sammy_Dodger

Sammy_Dodger Mr Ed

CONSOLIDATE LIBRARY this is all that needs to be done

17. Borf™

Borf™ Borf

Ite, thanks for that.

If I done it manually, I wouldn't have a middle finger left.

Also, is there anyway to change where it saves to when I rip from a cd?

Because I want them on my external hard drive, so I've been burning them with WMP, and moving to my hard drive, then converting from wma to mp3 and opening with itunes.

It's a long arse way that pisses me off.

18. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

I think when you stick in a CD, theres an Import Settings button, and from there I think you can choose the save path. Not sure though, Im on a laptop with no itunes atm.

19. EWOKS

EWOKS POTATOES GONNA POTATE

over shoulder
    bolder
    folder holder
    shit dont get older
    badman colder

20. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

FORGET ITUNES.

I'VE SEEN THE FUTURE!

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, IT IS MY GREAT HONOUR TO INTRODUCE THE MARVEL OF TOMORROW:

I PRESENT TO YOU:

[​IMG]

THE WALKMAN!!!!!

BOASTING OVER 90 MINUTES OF PLAY TIME PER CASSETTE, THE WALKMAN IS THE WAVE OF ARTISTIC FUTURISTIC GENIUS. WHY SEARCH SONGS WHEN YOU CAN REWIND AND FAST FORWARD!!
    MARVEL IN THE FANTASTIC SOUND QUALITY! REAL HISSING AND POPS MAKE THE EXPERIENCE ESSENTIAL.
    WITH ITS BATTERY LIFE OF 2 HOURS, YOU'LL BE MOONWALKING TO THE BUS STOP AND BACK!

LOOK AT HOW MUCH FUN SHE'S HAVING:
    [​IMG]
    YOU TOO, CAN EXPERIENCE THIS SLICE OF AUDIO AWESOME!

ALSO INCLUDES THE FASTEST REFLEXES MODERN TECHNOLOGY HAS TO OFFER, AND A LIFETIME OF ON STREET LAW ENFORCEMENT PROGRAMMING!!!

A PRODUCT OF BLAMMO™

ALSO AVAILABLE NOW:
    [​IMG]