It's 1998 Somewhere

Dilla

Easy all!

Did this mix a few weeks back, never posted it up though. Teddy Bizzle gave me some feedback & suggested I put it up....so...here it is!!

Feel free to download :D

Tl is :
1. BCUK - Planet Dust
>> Ebony Dubsters - Power of Ra
2. Moving Fusion - Turbulence
3. Brockie & Ed Solo - Represents
4. DJ Hype - Closer to God
5. Brockie & Ed Solo - Dangerous
6. Micky Finn & Aphrodite - Bad Ass!
7. Brockie & Ed Solo - Turntable 1
8. BCUK - The Nine
9. Mobb Deep - Shook ones PT 2 (Zinc Bootleg)
10. The Luniz - I got 5 on it (Aphrodite remix)
12. Andy C - Night Flight
13. DJ SS - Lighter 95
14. Ed Rash + Optician - Alien Girl
15. Top Buzz - Living In Darkness (Phantasy & Shodan Remix)
16. Original Sin - Dont be silly
17. Dillininja - Hard noize

LINK: http://soundcloud.com/generic-dj/its-1998-somewhere-dj-andy

Cheers,

Josh

Thought the track-list looked big as this era is probs when the best Drum and Bass was made in my eyes.
The intro was rocking and had high expectations after it but thought the mix with 'Closer to God' just brought the flow down and didnt think it really think it picked back up again till Night Flight and the mix with that was big. Just thought it needed to be tighter in places but the last mix was pretty bangin

Thought the track-list looked big as this era is probs when the best Drum and Bass was made in my eyes.
The intro was rocking and had high expectations after it but thought the mix with 'Closer to God' just brought the flow down and didnt think it really think it picked back up again till Night Flight and the mix with that was big. Just thought it needed to be tighter in places but the last mix was pretty bangin

yeah man, I know what you mean.

This is why I'm recording them though, want to keep improving :D

not bad little attempt.

definitely keep working at it, keep trying different mixes, different EQing for mixes until you feel every mix you do is how you want it to sound.

practice makes perfect and all that.
If you havent been mixing long, keep at it.
Everyone starts somewhere its how you get from there to the top.

will look out for your next one pal! make sure you give my 2011 mix a whirl

:2thumbs:

Safe, cheers man. I've been mixing on and off for about 5 years, but lived in Canada for a while & went travelling so decks were at home.

Some of the mixes in there I'd not practiced before (Closer to god/ Dangerous) so messed up the flow.

Cheers for the feedback & I'll keep on it!!

Back
Top Bottom