It Won't Stop - new track!

pretty good,I dont like minimalistic music so I would say make more energetic music but its just becose I am not feeling it,nothing technicaly wrong about it.Turn the sub bass alot louder and make it more variable in terms of pitch & master.Hi hats are too loud,maybe cut low end from them little bit more too.Add one or two hi hat drum sounds,the beat should have more little bit more drum sounds.You wanted feedback to get better so here you have it,more sub,more drum sounds and less master on hi hats,amen.

Thank you. This is the stuff I'm looking for, none of that, "It was pretty good /post" shit. What do you mean more variable in terms of pitch? Just like more variations in the pattern?

Last edited:
Thank you. This is the stuff I'm looking for, none of that, "It was pretty good /post" shit.

That main wobble is pretty nice and low,if I can recomend something... cut it and add more oscilators/layers at the place where this main wobble is.It sound good but it would be even better when combined with another wobble layer with different distortion and slighty different lfo amount.When you look at Original Sin,Tantrum Desire or High Roller,you will see that they use many groups of oscilators,each group in in certain freqency range and have different filters and damage.For example,lowest sine wave with resolution damage on octave higher we have one square wave with overdrive/distortion damage followed by oscilator with organ sound and piano sound + resolution ( bitcrushing ) damage + format filer synchronized together with higher lfo amount than lower square and si ( wavetable in reason 4,dont know universal name ) This is just how I make wobble but the technique of using different settings,effects and damage type for each layer of your wobble sound can be easly adopted to your production yagetmy.With smart compresion and EQ you can put very big number of oscilators together and still get clear but very colorfull sound.

I'll see what I can do. Cubase LE 4 only lets you have a certain number of instruments on at once. I'll probably just make the synth lines into audio files instead of VSTi's.

With the hihats: Are the intro hihats too loud, the main beat, or both?

Most of what you said is sorted now, man. Solid advice.

Last edited:
imho the drums are to weak to carry the tune, and the bass is too loud and too repetitive as it is. sample is quite nice tho..

keep at it! make the drums rhytmically more interesting and beef them up, especially the kick.

I figured the bass was a little too heavy when I added the sub-bassline. If all I've got is the sample, where do I start, man? That's the grimiest beat I know of to this day. If I put some drum work in the empty space of the beat do you think it would add some interest, or do you think I should just pull a refix on the whole thing?

Even though I started a "big drums" thread, I'm still not sure to save my first born's life how to make a compressor work to my advantage. I've also been having some issues with obtaining some good guides to help make my mixing better. It all starts with the monitors, I suppose. I'm getting a really nasty habit of throwing down the ideas instead of refining them. In this production obsessed community you can't be doin' that.

Keep throwing advice at me, I'm really trying to get better at this. Listening to music isn't enough when you've a computer capable of running a programme that can make it. I've a group of friends I car test my attempts on nightly, but I'm sure they're thinking the same thing and just saying they dig it.

Danke schoen from America, Groelle.

i think u shud change the melody on the bassline a bit.. make it sound more evil.. instead of when u rise up a few notes try dropping it down 1 or 2.
the drums need beefing up ALOT. need a heavy kick in there and eq it to get it sounding heavy.. if u need drum samples browse thorugh the topics on here theres plenty... i downloaded the 5000 drum sample pack and its got everything u could need!!!
also add some variation to the bassline.. its gets very drowny and repetetive.. u have some good elements in this track imo, just some switching round and layering ahead of you... and yeah i know what u mean bout ur friends just sorta saying its good.. id rather people gave me brutal honesty while not totally crushing my hopes haha.
big up!

Lol, it seems like the drums and the repetition of the bassline are the biggest problems; which are MASSIVE problems in terms of a drum n bass track.

structure is fine... and you have the right background effects, but

i didnt like the bass sound, and the drums are weak as, you sorta have a creepy vibe but i think you got to be more clever about it, this tune is just constant riff on the slow wobbling bassline its just boring you know.

a good solid snare and a more complex bass-synth and your tune will be taking a new direction already!! just my 2centz

I'm sure it's because of my VST that my bass doesn't really change too much. I use that free Reece Bassline VST and just tweak some nodes on that thing. Maybe some automation of the different nodes?

I'm still really trying to beef up the drums and all that and I'm sure it shouldn't be this difficult, but it is. I've changed bassline with the same oscillation frequency, but the notes change every other bar. It's still in the work-in-progress stage. I haven't uploaded any of these changes to SoundCloud. I'll bump when I get that done.

I realised the bass was a little drowny and repetitive that's why I didn't add another two minutes of suffering. I hear DnB tracks don't go six mins. anymore because of that -- but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom