isnt it great that UK garage is dying...

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by lokki, Dec 5, 2004.

1. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

it seems as though genrally UKG is dying a death partly due to its problems with Grime and partly because its too purist and inflexible. Dnb take note you need to evelove to survive!

Now whilst i would much rather attend a UKG event than listen to hard house all night or hard dance or whatever the fuck its called now, I am happy that the music scene that was so fuckin smug for years in the face of dnb and all the magz were saying how jungle is dead etc long live garage...al i can say is ...GUTTED!

2. mesh

mesh Active Member

... leaving all the fuckwits who left the jungle in 96/97 for garage without a scene to toss off in.
    the barbarians are at the gate.

3. serendipity

serendipity *****

now the ppl who liked garage have been dispossessed i hope they dont flood dnb events, maybe there is a connection between the rising amount of idiots at raves and the falling attendance in the garage scene.

4. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Didn't garage appear because dnb was getting too dark - in the sense of basslines and rhythms - not vocals? The girls fucked off and the geezers followed.

And now garage is dying because it in turn has become too full of dark-bling-bling-my-crew-your-ass-crap?

I have to say, I like garage, especially the older tracks - with a clear dnb heritage. I don't listen to it but can dance to it. Certainly better than damn fucking funky tribal house progressive shitty bitty.

5. SPo0n

SPo0n Lurker alert!

I don't think people should be forced to listen to one genre. If you like garage, fair enough! Doesn't mean you don't like dnb too..

6. DJ Lordward

DJ Lordward T.D.P.

UKG died a long time ago IMO! i used to luv it wen i was about 14 when it was real big, but it turned in2 grime a couple of years ago. its strange how it changed so quickly from chart to underground. lack of creativity i spose to keep it vaired like Lokki said, & it was just a phase that people liked at the time.
    House has made a comeback into the charts right now with 'My, My, My', 'Out Of Touch', 'The Weekend' & all them. i'm gonna be brave & admit that i like all that right now, despite my hatred for house in the past!

i think its funny how amens have come back, which is what jungle was built on, then got pretty much ignored for years & now has made a huge come back!

7. Bad Ace

Bad Ace Close2Death

drum and bass has always had amens....they jus eq em so u dont really notice.

8. Dj_Lien

Dj_Lien Member

Its only 18 year old fuck wits that listern to one genre & most of us have been there. I was the same. There so much great music out there. People need stop being sheep & open there minds more.

DnB will never die. Just like garage will never die. It will just go back to its underground roots for a few years & then pop up again. So long as there is even the smallest market for it people will produce it.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2004
  9. SPo0n

SPo0n Lurker alert!

Commenting on my age will get you nowhere. It has absolutely nothing to do with this post. I don't just listen to one genre. How about you read my post again?

Also, 'their', not 'there'.

10. Dj_Lien

Dj_Lien Member

How about you read my post again "18 year old fuck wits that listern to one genre" I read your post & understood it 1st time, you clearly stated that you don't, so you don't fall into that bracket. So why you take offence? I also pointed out that at 18, I used to only listern to one genre, so I was one of them fuck wits. Unless your reading something into a post thats not there..... & I don't care about spelling either ;)

11. SPo0n

SPo0n Lurker alert!

With me being 18 and you quoting my post, then writing that directly below, I put 2 and 2 together...

12. DJ Lordward

DJ Lordward T.D.P.

ez now guys.
    yeah there are 'ghost' snares in nearly every drum&bass tune. i was just saying that this really hard dark drum&bass is real popular right now IMO, with loadsa producers making it. i never listened to that stuff a couple of years ago, same with liquid. all the different styles of d&b are doin really well at the mo.

13. mISHKA

mISHKA Member

I still listen to Garage, the ruff-er sounds coupled with quality mixing still cut it today in my opinion. But they can shove that "soulful" right up their arse.

14. mISHKA

mISHKA Member

What even "Call on me" ?! :D

15. Dustek

Dustek Finished the PhD

Word!

16. Dj_Lien

Dj_Lien Member

Don't worry I could have worded mine a bit better :oops: . It was not an intentinal dig at anyone.

17. DJFlexie

DJFlexie Jungletrainer

agreed, i spawned frm garage n always focused on it 100%...now with DnB i realized that it really is poo in comparison... but i dnt compaire them, i push the better material....its not all THAT bad, its got years of developing to come so im sure it will be back........not as garage tho

18. lokki

lokki JUNGLIST FROM DEYA

the thing with a lot of garage heads was that they were in it for the image., they were narrow minded (generally speaking) and beacuase oif this the scene died up its own bottom.

i am glad cos i really like grime! And it if far far more interesting than bloody garage.