Is this song in the right Key?

pringle_head

Hi there

This is my first ever attempt at using music production software, and after doing my best to learn the basics of music theory, I messed around with an accapella of Rihanna Rude Boy to see if I could work out what key it was in. Just wondering if some people could have a listen and tell me if im heading in the right direction or if im tone deaf and need to head back to the books!

P.S, Please don't laugh too hard at my musical capabilites :D

Download here:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=LBOTIXH5

Thank you

Good way to check if a vocal is in the right key is to loop the very start of it (the root note) and then just play all the different notes along an octave until you find the one that matches the vocal in pitch (cheers Danny Byrd)

Good way to check if a vocal is in the right key is to loop the very start of it (the root note) and then just play all the different notes along an octave until you find the one that matches the vocal in pitch (cheers Danny Byrd)

good advice, cheers thedj'dannybyrd'nifty!

Thanks for the advice :)

Thats what I kinda did, but listened to the whole song over and over again playing different keys, to me it felt that D# was the right key, but would be grateful if anyone could confirm that. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom