Is this set up any good??

sonicjunglist

So im a complete noob to this and ive wanted to get into mixing vinyl. For years now actually. (and no im not kene on CDJs) Since I have a bit of money (A BIT) I thought I would look in what seems to be the worst place to find turn tables (ebay) and found this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PRO-DJ-EQ...=UK_Mixers&hash=item35b756087d#ht_5665wt_1271

For only £223 (plus optional warranty) this seems pretty good to me. However judging from the rather pretentious name "DJ-TECH" im assuming these may be crap. not that I know what crap is when it comes to turntables.. im not really looking for anything too fancy... I just want something that works and does the basics... And for a cheap price.

Also the USB thingy sounds cool since I can use both actual Vinyl and Serato if I wanted to.

What do you lot think? I don't suppose anyone has them?

Also I need speakers Any suggestions for those? (feels like complete noobasauraus) :rik:

Last edited:
Does look like a good little starter kit for a decent price, but the fact that you get all that shit thrown in would make me wary. I havn't used or heard of them before.
It's been said in many a thread before this - don't buy twice. If you really want a pair of turntables, get some 1210s. So long as you don't drop them out your bedroom window they'll last you forever

actually fuck these.

Just look at the wobble on those platters. Jeez that would annoy the fuck out of me. knew something was fishy.

On a lighter note I found a pair of old Stantons "DJ2000 SQ" going for £100... according to a few mates that's a bargain. comes with a shite mixer mind you... but I can always get a better one ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have £250+ to spend then just save a bit more and get 1210/1200's, £350 will get you a nice set.

If you have less to spend and you want a good set of decks then look no further than the Stanton STR8 range 60/80/100 (few years old but still a nice deck)

Also take a look on eBay, I paid £40 for a pair of Gemini PT 2000's in mint condition and for that sort of money are fantastic!

Bargains to be had out there but one thing, never buy belt drive TT's!

As danwell says be patient and get some 1210's. i brought mine 15 years ago and they are still going strong. DO NOT BUY belt drive turntables!!!

As for Monitor speakers a good investment would be to buy some KRK RP8 G2's for some really crisp sounds

Happy hunting

Welp... I eventually settled for this deal here http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261104972...NX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_500wt_1288 ... two KAM DDX 750 turntables and a decent looking mixer. (although the seller hasn't listed ALL the details)

I mean comon I even get a speaker and an Amplifier. now all I need now is a good pair of headphones and im set.

Quite excited to play through my dads old Jungle vinyl haha been sitting up in the loft for years

I think you will one day think about this thread and realise Danwell was right.

1210's >>>> any other turntable.

That is my opinion, but how often do you turn up to a night and there is some Stanton turntables, or a pair of Vestax's or some Numarks...it doesnt happen, why? because 1210's have been the industry standard since before I was probably born.

But you spend £300 on that sorry to be blunt rubbish! (gigged in pubs etc, I bet the bump and knocks arent nice) £300 would have got you a pair of 1210's if you looked about!

ultimate fail, go on forum, ask opinion, get good advice, IGNORE GOOD ADVICE, make shit purchase, look like twat, skint, end thread

Back
Top Bottom