Is this set up any good??

Definite fail, slow and steady wins the race and that.

I saved like £500 and got two 1210's a dodgy vestax mixer some shitty headphones- the investment was in the turntables though and I've built around them (new needles, mixer, headphones, speakers etc) over time, your decks should've been the core of the purchase, not the thrown in amps and extras.

i got a pair of 1210s for £235, perfect working order other than the pitches arent perfectly calibrated. I dove in for them since I had had extremely limited experience mixing beforehand, but theyre one of the best purchases i have ever made. EVERYONE SAYS IT FOR A REASON.

Last edited:
lol.. bit mistaken here.. I didn't actually buy them KAM ones in the end...(guess I was positive I would in the excitement of finding a full set at a seemingly good price) still lookin. fuck it I will probably just wait till my uni grant comes in then get some 1210's :P

Last edited:
haha, i moved to uni just and didnt bring my turntables with me. withdrawal i tell you. seriously tho, keep checking ebay, watch the auctions and shit cause u can find some serious bargains, im pretty sure i could sell my setup on for a healthy profit if i felt so inclined

Fractal, I get severe withdrawals. To the point of coming home from the office on lunch for a mix and not actually eating any food lol.

(I live 2 min walk from my office lol)

Fractal, I get severe withdrawals. To the point of coming home from the office on lunch for a mix and not actually eating any food lol.

(I live 2 min walk from my office lol)

This is brilliant! I used to do something similar...never lived that close to work though.

I am still waiting for my 1210's to be delivered home from being serviced by the turntable pimp...
I think giving up cigarettes is worse than not being able to mix everyday, or even just knowing my 1210's are there...empty feelings :/

Back
Top Bottom