Is this really that bad?

I'm only listening on a laptop but from what I heard the drums aren't bad, the ideas aren't vad but I am not a fan of the synths at all too high pithched and dissonant and they resonate badly which is probably why it's getting slated.

Change up the synth make it more grimey I reckon.

Nah just a something with a bit more depth in it that really makes the synth line have an impact. Have a listen to songs by Excision, Datsik, Tomba, 16bit and you'll see what I mean.

Nah just a something with a bit more depth in it that really makes the synth line have an impact. Have a listen to songs by Excision, Datsik, Tomba, 16bit and you'll see what I mean.

This ^

I really like the vibe its giving but as Teddy said... needs just beefing up. not neccesarily any distortion... just needs something to give it that weight behind it.

needs a knock out bassline.

not entirely sure why it when into dnb at the end too lol

i like the idea and i'm pretty confident that you can dig lower frequencies form the synth with some EQ, comping etc. lovely ideas in this though. i think it sound a bit to hollow for me, but great work mate ;)

dont know about the switch up keep it swing-low mate :) turn down that high pitched alarm volumn too :)

PEACE

Thanks for the review of it, I know what you mean, I don't have monitors just some REALLY cheap headphones :( I have no money to spare, it's the reason nothings very sharp or anything.

I don't think it's as bad as you think. The end just sounds like a different tune because of the pace change. There's problems in the mixdown for sure: Not enough low punch in the bass, the drums are overly trebley and it's a bit choked up - there's too much going on. Try to focus on making the best of fewer sounds.

Back
Top Bottom