Is this "Quality" drum & bass ?

Alright, yeah. Thanks for the compliment, I'll take it. I get what you're saying about IDM, actually alot of reactions to my stuff are like your comment " It's not exactly DNB ".

Intelligent-ish?

Your track is creative. This song is not going to tear up a dance floor. It is pleasant to listen to. It is missing the je ne say qua that professional tracks have. Do what you need to, to express your self creatively. However, if you have the skills pick up a popular song that you consider and others consider to be awesome and make it. Work at it until the song is almost a perfect copy. When I used to play guitar when I was around 14 that is how I learned. It is not creative but in doing so I learn the skills nessisary to become creative. Now that I wrote this I think I am going to take my own advice. Or at least try it with producing.

why not exactly?
how is this not DnB? It's at 174, has drums and a bassline. What else would it need?

also OP, what's this shit about you 'giving in'?
http://dnbforum.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1219800

Nah, not giving in a bit actually. Just looking for some sort of feedback that would explain, why things are, the way they are ;)

I'll keep it creative, seems maybe my stuff is just simply not "tight enough" still. Guess you can skip "the formula", but not the structure, or excitablity.

its definitely a cool track! its dnb, it has drums and bass, its just because the kicks and snares arent arranged in that breakbeat style (cant be arsed to open fruity and count the steps) but uno what i mean, mint tune tho

Back
Top Bottom