Is this feedback?

Welsh Junglist

AKA Faqade
VIP Junglist
Urite everyone, I've noticed that sometimes I get really bad low bass sounding feedback, like a really low 'hum' when playing tunes on me decks. I've tried moving my speakers as far away as possible and my hi-fi but I still get it. I've checked all the leads and the grounding cables and the all in securely. My setup is on a wooden table and I read somewhere that when it's on wood the wood vibrates and causes the feedback? I was just wondering if anyone else has had/has this problem and what they did to get rid of it. The only thing I've heard of is to put foam underneath but I don't know where to get foam from like? :confused: thanks.

Urite everyone, I've noticed that sometimes I get really bad low bass sounding feedback, like a really low 'hum' when playing tunes on me decks. I've tried moving my speakers as far away as possible and my hi-fi but I still get it. I've checked all the leads and the grounding cables and the all in securely. My setup is on a wooden table and I read somewhere that when it's on wood the wood vibrates and causes the feedback? I was just wondering if anyone else has had/has this problem and what they did to get rid of it. The only thing I've heard of is to put foam underneath but I don't know where to get foam from like? :confused: thanks.

still sounds liek your not earthed properly..

but ye could be the wood, as there is nothing there to absorb the vibrations its gonna go straight thru ur decks, n ur stylus will pick it up, so foam, or half cut tennis balls under each leg of the deck (never tried that one, but read it somewhere, also HTFR and chemical records sell little balls u can put ur decks legs on)

could be the motor on ur decks are noisy aswell, just as a experiement on one deck double up ur slip mats n play the records, dont mix or touch it. see if its still there, if it is get thicker slipmatts i think, unless anyone wants to correct me :).

Can sometimes be caused by coiled cables or audio cables crossing power cables too.

Is it out of both speakers? does the level of feedback/hum increase and decrease with volume or remain constant? does the hum come through on recordings or only out of the speakers?

As you're using Hi Fi speakers, does that mean you're using a pre-amp too?

I had this problem the other day when i used my mates speakers in a set up, was the speakers vibrating on the table. Just put a scarf under each of them and it was fine. Might be worth a try?

take ur headshells off and rub use a cotton bud and clean the 4 little pins inside the tonearm. if ur tonearms come off, do it there aswel.
should sort it out

I had this problem the other day when i used my mates speakers in a set up, was the speakers vibrating on the table. Just put a scarf under each of them and it was fine. Might be worth a try?

Yeah, Ikea do 4 packs of cork coasters, buy two lots for both decks and they also do cork place matts which make great speaker dampers.

Can sometimes be caused by coiled cables or audio cables crossing power cables too.

Is it out of both speakers? does the level of feedback/hum increase and decrease with volume or remain constant? does the hum come through on recordings or only out of the speakers?

As you're using Hi Fi speakers, does that mean you're using a pre-amp too?

Im just using a standard sony hi-fi and speakers mate. Decks>Mixer>Hi-Fi>Speakers pretty basic but hey lol. The hum is usually when I have it all pretty loud. The gains are down really low so theres not too much power going to the hi-fi. I think it's the bass tbh travelling through maybe? I'l give all the things mentioned and see what's best. Thanks for all of ya replies people!

I had this problem with a Numark Mixer so i phoned them up and the Tech guy said "don't use a multi plug, plug it straight into the wall because those 6 socket things cause feedback"

It worked for me, must be worth a go.

Check your needles bro, iv had this a few times before. I'v just taken my needles off, given them a bit of a clean then its all sweet again.

(y)

Back
Top Bottom