Is this art?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by ThePapa, Sep 9, 2014.

1. ThePapa

ThePapa Suffragette City..

2. djad

djad leo the lion

Its not art to me.. The person who made it is an artist I think tho and he loved his cat - so when it dies he turned it in a quadcopter. Why not?

3. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

what about luca magnottas cat related shenanigans. was that art? granted there was no quadcopter, that is true, and, also, what makes things art. ill pour kerosene on a puppy orphanage and then quadcopter the charred remains. with a dildo. spinning at the yearly MC convention. yeah whats up with that fking shit

4. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

I don't know? I love art but do not know the first thing about it.

5. ThePapa

Well it's gone far beyond the functional and headlong into the weird and wacky world of art IMO.

A kid has done it with his rat.

[​IMG]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/29140059

Rats appear to make more stable flying 'machines' than cats, maybe it's their closeness to bats who knows.

6. djad

djad leo the lion

You should only consider buying a pet if you know how aerodynamically stable is is after death. Something Ive taught my kids since day one.

ThePapa likes this.
  7. ThePapa

Djad bringing the realness as always.

8. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

Everyone wants to fly, flying dreams are always the best dreams, being Iron Man would kick ass, although his flying pose looks a little naff. Who wouldn't want their loved ones to experience that ultimate freedom?
    But do we know cats share our dreams? When they look at a bird on the sky do they go "fuck me, that looks sweet, I wish I could do that!" or simply "fuck me, that looks sweet, I wish I could eat that!"
    The artist has paradoxically anthropomorphized his late cat by merging it with a machine, in the process turning it into a mirror for our own human ambitions.
    The work speaks to us on a subtle level of our own increasingly technophile society, obsessed with using machines to fulfill our carnal desires, our desires for speed, power and the freedom to go wherever we feel like, while superficially speaking of our tendency to project our own emotions on our pets, when in reality we know nothing of how they experience love, what their dreams are like when they whimper and wrinkle their lickle noses in their sleep and what they expect, if anything, of life after death.

herojuana likes this.
  9. Catsel

Catsel Well-Known Dismember