is there going to be a digital soundboy compilation lp?

charlie131

VIP Junglist
shy fx is holding back so many tunes, stowaway, jaguar technique, game of death, riff raff, and many more need to know what's going on all the the tunes named are sick and have been around since summer time last year near enough..?

I'm hoping he decides to put out a "Planet V'esque" 5-piece Badman Thing...

Would be epic.

Can't see it though, too many artists wanting to push their own thing, which is understandable.

As others have said, WAY too many tunes being held back.

But I guess thats why the quality control of DSB/Headz etc that hold stuff back for time, is always so high...

If I still played D&B, as a DJ, I would be very frustrated.

The amount of time spent on dub, to when Joe Bloggs gets his hands on it is stupid.

Alot of red-tape though I guess, shame.

Whens Breakages Album out?

Can anyone remember that D-Minds thing "Sunburn" off the Shy FX Essential Mix from time ago?

Was on the t/l as D-Minds & ??? - Sunburn (DSB Dub)

How or why that didn't get a release is tragic...

Tune was BAD.

I'm hoping he decides to put out a "Planet V'esque" 5-piece Badman Thing...

Would be epic.

Can't see it though, too many artists wanting to push their own thing, which is understandable.

As others have said, WAY too many tunes being held back.

But I guess thats why the quality control of DSB/Headz etc that hold stuff back for time, is always so high...

If I still played D&B, as a DJ, I would be very frustrated.

The amount of time spent on dub, to when Joe Bloggs gets his hands on it is stupid.

Alot of red-tape though I guess, shame.

Whens Breakages Album out?

The Breakage album is gonna be out very very soon

Looking forward to hearing it

shy fx is holding back so many tunes, stowaway, jaguar technique, game of death, riff raff, and many more need to know what's going on all the the tunes named are sick and have been around since summer time last year near enough..?

Sure I read something on DOA about Shy Fx bringing out another album this year. What with that and the Breakage album I can't really see them bringing out 3 albums in a year

Sure I read something on DOA about Shy Fx bringing out another album this year. What with that and the Breakage album I can't really see them bringing out 3 albums in a year

this is true i think that breakages album might be taking a long time to finish so the 12"s which should of been released on dsb have been put on the back burner untill the project is finished i guess... but to many good tunes are signed to that label.. when riff raff eventually comes out i think the novelty of it will be gone like moskit said, but that will never be said for stowaway i need that tune!!!!!!

It makes me wonder wether it is labels or artists that drive this "new found" need for DJ's not to have their mixes recorded &/or distributed across the net?

I'm guessing it runs deeper than I could describe.

But surely it is in both the labels & artists interest for the tune to be out out there as quick as possible to maximise potential sales?

Obviously a bit of hype/anticipation never did sales any harm, but surely there is a line...

Meh.

It just perplexes me, would love to know exactly how the politics of it are driven, for each label/artist, guess its different...

Fuck knows.

this is true i think that breakages album might be taking a long time to finish so the 12"s which should of been released on dsb have been put on the back burner untill the project is finished i guess... but to many good tunes are signed to that label.. when riff raff eventually comes out i think the novelty of it will be gone like moskit said, but that will never be said for stowaway i need that tune!!!!!!

Hate when that happens. Already has lost the some of its appeal imo.

Hate when that happens. Already has lost the some of its appeal imo.

It's shit you're right, but you gotta learn that putting out tracks on vinyl can be a long process. It's not just an overnight thing unfortunately.

Breakage is on Baileys show this week so you might hear a date for when the album drops.

Back
Top Bottom