Is there a commonly recognised name for the "wonky" music Ivy Lab makes? Any other artists?

It's basically classified as Electronic but it's also Hip Hop.

Kaytranada makes this kind of stuuf, Eprom, Mr Carmack as mentioned.

If you're on Spotify or iTunes use their 'other suggested artists' route!

Have a listen to Noisia's radio show, they push that sound a lot.

Since you mentioned Ivy Lab, you should keep up to date on the 20/20 thread in the UK Underground section.

Think its called Future Bass

Future Bass :uberlaugh

So that stuff that Instra:Mental, Boddika, Addison Groove did is now past bass? or uk bass? future garage? come on lol Future Bass :uberlaugh

For me this is HipHop. It's sampled music at around 85-90 bpm that can be mixed with D&B. If I like it, I like it. It hasn't have to have a name really.

I've always seen future bass used to describe this sort of music

or stuff like Flume.
Who knows.

Thanks everyone for your responses so far! Friday afternoon plans are sorted haha.

So that stuff that Instra:Mental, Boddika, Addison Groove did is now past bass? or uk bass? future garage? come on lol Future Bass :uberlaugh

For me this is HipHop. It's sampled music at around 85-90 bpm that can be mixed with D&B. If I like it, I like it. It hasn't have to have a name really.

Lol, I'm just saying what I've heard it to be known as. I call it LA Hip Hop as its exactly the same music that Flying Lotus and his mates have been making for the last 10 years, but people have just cottoned on to it and call it Future Bass.

I've seen it named, tagged all over soundcloud, labelled etc etc. 'Future Beats' so, idk, maybe maloney meant beats instead of bass..

Halftime tbh :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom